New compiles/Away for quite sometime

Started by kb7sqi, September 24, 2007, 08:05:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kb7sqi

Ok, I have finally got OpenSSL compiled/packaged Quad-Fat.  It was a pain since I had to compile it 4 different times & then lipo the binaries/libraries together.  But, it does save alot of disk space on my web site.  :D  This time around I compiled OpenSSL-0.9.8g against zlib-1.2.3 which gives it a nice boost in performance, so I created a combo package for OpenSSL-Zlib on in my packages directory.  Just remember when you got to link again openssl you have to link against zlib also.  It should pick it up automatically, but just in case.  :wink:   Now that OpenSSL is done, I can start compiling stuff that requires it.

helf

I love you ;)

This is awesome. I'm gonna spend a little cash and get a new hdd for my color turbo and start an OS4.2 install from scratch with all these updates libs and such. :)
*INACTIVE*

kb7sqi

You can start using them now since they've been compiled for NS3.3.  :D

helf

oh I know. But my current NS3.3 install is kinda wonky. It's the drive I've used for over 2 years. and its messy... I want to start fresh :)
*INACTIVE*

kb7sqi

I've posted several more packages to the packages directory, I'm going to hold off on making anymore till I get some feedback on how the packages work.  So, please let me know how they work.  :D   Thanks.

helf

Hey, sorry I haven't given any feedback yet. haven't had a chance to try out some of the packages on my machine yet :\
*INACTIVE*

kb7sqi

Quote from: "helf"Hey, sorry I haven't given any feedback yet. haven't had a chance to try out some of the packages on my machine yet :\

I'm not rushing anyone.   :wink:   I know life keeps everyone busy.  I work anywhere from 50-80 hours a week.  I completely understand.  I  just wanted to let everyone know I wouldn't be making anymore packages  available until I get some feedback.  I hate to waste what free time I have making more packages when I need to go back & fix something first.   :)   I've tested the software on my systems for the most part.  I just want a few others to test them as well.  I'm working on some other stuff as well.  Like getting the latest version of tin, stunnel & a few other things.  I have tin working great on hppa, sparc, & m68k, but it's bombing out on x86 for some reason.  Kinda strange, since I'm using the same code & stock compiler.  I have almost have a clean port of stunnel also.  Just got to finish the network.c code.  I only had a few minutes to work on it today.  I'll get to take a look more at it this weekend.  In the mean time, I'll keep stopping by checking.  Most of the software I compile is just stuff I like to use personally.  If it's useful to others as well that's an added bonus.  Take care.   :lol:

kb7sqi

Ok so I lied a little bit.  :wink: There's a few more packages up on the web site. Mainly Stunnel-4.21, Zip/Unzip.   :D   Stunnel is nice SSL Wrapper Utility that can be used to secure IMAP/SMTP connections as well as things like vnc connections, etc.  Check out www.stunnel.org for more info.  Hope someone can find some uses for it.   Take care.

kb7sqi

Last package for the weekend is climm-0.6 which is the re-encarnation of micq.  This is compiled tri-fat for OPENSTEP.  I need to fix it on NEXTSTEP.  So, I went ahead & made a quick package till I get it running on my gecko.  Then I'll re-compile it quad-fat.  I've tested it on all three arch's.  It's working as it should.  Hope it comes in handy.  :D   Take care.

kb7sqi

Quote from: "kb7sqi"Last package for the weekend is climm-0.6 which is the re-encarnation of micq.  This is compiled tri-fat for OPENSTEP.  I need to fix it on NEXTSTEP.  So, I went ahead & made a quick package till I get it running on my gecko.  Then I'll re-compile it quad-fat.  I've tested it on all three arch's.  It's working as it should.  Hope it comes in handy.  :D   Take care.

climm-0.6.1 compiled/packaged quad-fat is up on the site.  It's a bug fix update.  It's tried & tested on NEXTSTEP.   :wink:   Take care.

helf

eergh, next week I should have my machines back up so I can test all this stuff out :) Can't wait.
*INACTIVE*

kb7sqi

ncurses-5.3, ytalk-3.3.0, & slirp-1.0.16+patch are up on the site.  All compiled quad-fat & packaged.   :D   For more information on slirp, check out   http://slirp.sf.net  Take care.

kb7sqi

a few more.  :D texinfo-4.9, pcre-7.4, grep-2.5.3, & yydecode-0.2.10 all quad-fat & packaged are now posted.

neozeed

wow, you are a compiling machine!

Have you looked at quake1 by any chance?  I've started a minimal server port, I think I may have that running 'soon'.....

I'd love to mix in the graphics! .. maybe sound, but I'm a cli objective c n00b, but i know the uae source has a 'working' example....
# include <wittycomment.h>

kb7sqi

As posted in the Netris thread, I compiled a quick quad-fat package of Netris-0.52.  It's compiled against ncurses, so it supports color.  It's on the server now in the package directory.  Take care.