NeXT DVD available finally! :D no, really! It is! seriously!

Started by helf, April 23, 2008, 03:48:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

helf

If you will log into kb7sqi's SFTP server and look in /iso/Movies/ you will be treated to a file entitled "NeXT Vid DVD.iso.bz2".

It's 3gb... but worth it, imo :)

I'm sorry I never got around to mailing actual dupes out.  I thought this was the next best thing. Let me know how to like it! :)

And if you can't figure out how to access... ask kb7sqi  :roll:
*INACTIVE*

pentium

Quote from: "helf"

Please master! tell me your secrets!

-NeXT 68040 Cube with NS 3.3 and 64Mb ram

kb7sqi

Quote from: "pentium"

You have mail!  :wink: lol

slomacuser

I am very happy that we got members here, who are open to share :wink:

kb7sqi you got really treasure chest there and it is growing ...

slomacuser

well it is going very slow ... this should be a torrent  :(

helf

well, kb7sqi has it throttled pretty tight since it's his home connection. I would do a torrent, but the only place even applicable for me is work and with the way we have everything set up, I never could get a working torrent outgoing :(
*INACTIVE*

nextchef

Now that "the demon" is back up, I am sure a torrent can be arranged  :wink:

Just need to get the file myself first.

kb7sqi

Actually, upload isn't throttled at all.  Downloading is throttled to 150K/sec because so many people are hitting the server.  Right now 8 people are trying to d/l just the video.  Besides a several  other downloads that are going on.   :D   And it's not throttled to 150K/sec max, that's per download.  So, figure it out.  :wink:   Considering, all of that & 2 people are downloading from the web server as well, hmm.  I wonder where all my bandwith is going. lol.  Enjoy.

helf

heh, wow. well, I plan on getting cable turned back on in a month or so (I hope to GOD I can do it) and i'll be on 8mbit again, at the least, so I'll throw a server up and start mirroring sites as well. Might as well spread the love around :)
*INACTIVE*

krfkeith

I'm on high speed cable...As soon as I get my DEC Alpha I can serve some stuff.
Newton MessagePad 2100, Original MessagePad (OMP), 2 DataRover 840s
Gateway Laptop w/ OPENSTEP 4.2
NeXTstation Color & Turbo Color

scarecrow

Quote from: "kb7sqi"

me too please?

kb7sqi

Hey all.  I've had to put some restrictions on the sftp server.   I hate doing it, but since I work from home, not having a fast connection isn't an option.  I had over 15 people trying to download all at the same time last night & my internet was crawling.  I can't have that.  Sorry.  So, here's the new limits.
First off there's a Global Download Limit of 200K per second
The limit per connection is 100K/sec w/ 3 connections max.  Only 1 connection per IP also.  I think that's fair so atleast 3 different people can be downloading at the same time.  I hope everyone can understand.  I don't mind providing space/access to all things NeXT that people want to share, but I need to be able to use my bandwidth for work also.  :wink:

helf

ouch, sorry about that. I would have staved off uploading it to you until i had another mirror going if i had know it'd be *that* popular.
*INACTIVE*

kb7sqi

Quote from: "helf"ouch, sorry about that. I would have staved off uploading it to you until i had another mirror going if i had know it'd be *that* popular.

Oh you are part to blame!  :wink:  rofl.  It was the popular file of the night. But seriously, other people were downloading other stuff also.  I really don't mind providing the space/access and it's not like I spend hours working on it.  Once I set it up, it was basically done.  I can't believe it's been so popular. lol.  I'm going to see how things go for the next day or so, & I might be able to bump up the speeds.  But I'm probably going to leave the max connections in place.

kb7sqi

Quote from: "scarecrow"
Quote from: "kb7sqi"

me too please?

Hey scarecrow, I almost forgot. You have mail!  :wink:   Take care.