June 18, 2019, 07:04:27 pm

Daydream Documentation

Started by Nitro, June 05, 2009, 02:19:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro

Special thanks go out to Helf for taking the time to send in scans of the Daydream documentation as well as dumps of the install floppies.  It's available in the NeXTfiles archive. Thank you!

http://www.nextcomputers.org/NeXTfiles/Docs/Hardware/Daydream/
Nitro

pentium

Not to really whine and complain but he didn't do that.
I did.
That was the Daydream kit that I got from Rasnett in Seattle last fall and before I sold the kit to Helf. Hoping he would also be able to dump the GAL chip, I scanned and imaged it all in.
If the Metadata still exists on all the photographs, everything was originally scanned in on a CanoScan 5000F.
IF he did rescan and reimage everything then he could of at least told me so I didn't just make myself look like a fool. :P

Also, I swear I included a a scan-in of the front and back of the main ROM PCB (EDIT: I did photograph the PCB at least here, here, and here.

I have all the scans, images and photos stored on a 3 1/2" MO cartridge.

-NeXT 68040 Cube with NS 3.3 and 64Mb ram

helf

uh, well, I spent a few days at work this week scanning all that in and dumping the floppy images. so yeah, I did do it. I didn't know you had done the same, would have saved me the hassle :P

I was going to take pics of the actual unit, but I noticed we already had those in the archive :)

/me smacks pentium

shoulda told me! :P
*INACTIVE*

pentium

Gah! I swear I sent you everything but I guess I didn't. >_>
Yeah, sorry about that then. I still have a bunch of stuff here ranging from the pinout for the daydream box ribbon cable to scan-ins of the PCB.

*rubs sore spot on back of head*

helf

nope, you just sent me the unit :P Ask Nitro about adding all that to the site!
*INACTIVE*

pentium

I'll have to find the MO drive again. The fan died on it and it refuses to work right unless it's kept somewhat cool. I'll get in touch with him when I get the chance to fix the drive.