Mystery Powerbook running Rhapsody

Started by unixphreak, December 18, 2010, 03:18:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

unixphreak

I have a 13.3 in powerbook wallstreet I... here is the problem. in mac os 9 the system profiler and a program call speed profiler both show that this is a 300mhz cpu with a 100mhz bus. now on Mac OS X Server v1.2 (Rhapsody 5.6) when I do dmesg from terminal i get a 250mhz@83mhz and the Blue Box Mac OS 8.6 also shows a 250mhz cpu. So which one is correct? do I have to have a special enabler to make Mac OS 9 show the 250Mhz@ 83 bus or is there any way to tell from the daughter card what cpu I have?

applefreak

a  Processor Upgrade PB G3 Daughtercard    installed ?
the Processor Upgrade Card only works with mac os 8 or 9

the Wallstreet was the first PowerBook line available "build to order"
so many configurations are possible

standard specs for the 13,3 inch

Processor Speed: 250 MHz
System Bus Speed:   83 MHz
or
Processor Speed: 292 MHz
System Bus Speed:   83 MHz

unixphreak

I know there were alot of variations but I am getting two different readings from different operating systems, Mac OS 9 says I have a 300mhz @100mhz bus and the Mac OS X Server is saying I have a 250mhz@83mhz bus and the Blue Box on the same system is saying the same 250@83.

So my question remains, is Mac OS 9 wrong or is Server and Blue Box wrong?

applefreak

if a Processor Upgrade PB G3 Daughtercard is installed
remove the card

check with os 9

unixphreak

dude? it is a stock g3 card so you are not making any sense. ther is no upgrade card

unixphreak

I figured it out, I found a website where someone was overclocking their wallstreet I and had the jumper settings, it is a 250@83. Rhapsody gives me the right reading, but Mac OS 9 keeps showing it to be 300@100. So I don't know what is going on with that OS.

applefreak

Quote from: "unixphreak"or is there any way to tell from the daughter card what cpu I have?

?