NeXTcube introduction poster scanned -> 200+ MB TIFF

Started by mikeboss, April 18, 2012, 03:58:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeboss

I have bought an original print of the  introduction poster and had it scanned at a local copyshop. it's a 216.5 MB TIFF. anyone able and willing to host the file?

regards,
michael
October 12, 1988 Computing Advances To The NeXT Level

bronner

I can host it in my DropBox. PM me.

cubist

Quote from: "mikeboss"I have bought an original print of the  introduction poster and had it scanned at a local copyshop. it's a 216.5 MB TIFF.

Kind of ironic...  that would barely fit on the cube's original MO drive.

pentium

Quote from: "cubist"
Quote from: "mikeboss"I have bought an original print of the  introduction poster and had it scanned at a local copyshop. it's a 216.5 MB TIFF.

Kind of ironic...  that would barely fit on the cube's original MO drive.

It leaves you with about 39.5mb left.  You can do plenty with that. :wink:

-NeXT 68040 Cube with NS 3.3 and 64Mb ram

nextchef

I can put it in a torrent and seed it with the other next files I currently do, all I need is the file.

bronner

it's okay everyone, im getting ready to upload it right now

EDIT: um, or not... the guy gave me a broken link. Fail.

EDIT: okay, I did manage to download it... Can I post the link publicly?

mikeboss

NO! please don't post the link in public as i have just a slow internet-connection (upstream). will PM NeXTchef with a new URL....

regards,
michael

bronner

No, I mean I am going to mirror it for you. I just wanted to know if that was okay. I am hosting it from my own place.

mikeboss

sure, go ahead! I wanted it to be free for anybody who's interested in this poster  8)

bronner

Okay everyone, I have temporary access to a very powerful computer (3GHZ CPU, 6GB RAM, 700GB HD, etc.) and had a chance to convert to jpg. It reduced the size from about 200mb to about 60mb. I'm posting links to the original, and my version. I noticed that the original seems to be flipped upside down. Sorry, I can't change that one but the jpg isn't, so I would recommend that one. It's smaller anyway. ;D

Here is the full uncompressed TIFF:

http://db.tt/jZTfoXhV

And here is the jpg file, neatly packed into a ~60mb bow:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27276125/cubeposter.jpg

Don't worry, mikeboss, I'm hosting it in my DropBox, so it won't affect your internet. Gotta love DropBox. lol.

Hope that helps,

Thanks, come again!

-Cody

pentium

Either the TIFF version is in super high demand right now, or the link has died.

-NeXT 68040 Cube with NS 3.3 and 64Mb ram

bronner

Im aware, I'll change it when I get home from weight lifting. It'll be up shortly. I'll alert u when it's back up.

nextchef

I have the original and the jpg converted version provided by bronner now.  I am going to clean up the tif version a bit to remove some of the scanning artefacts, flip it the right way up, and convert it to jpg and pdf.  I can then post them in a torrent, if others are still interested in this option.

And thanks again to mikeboss for getting it scanned.

bronner

Ok, I fixed the broken link for the tif. Should be all good.

bobo68

I enhanced the poster scan from mikeboss a bit (hopefully):
    removed the green, red and blue vertical scan lines
    removed some hairs and blotches
    cut it down to the original format (no borders)
    enhanced the logo and text at the bottom

You can download it from my Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h97gqi3jqlwnfpv/cubeposter%20enhanced.tif.zip?dl=0