September 21, 2019, 05:08:40 am

My new NeXT paraphernalia

Started by rumbeard, April 23, 2019, 07:53:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rumbeard

So I originally bought a white NeXT T-Shirt which was an original off eBay only mildly used and a small yellowing.  I've worn it off and on but as it gets laundered I decided to wear it less and less.  In the meantime I'd always yearned for a coffee mug... never figured out if one ever existed originally.  Just two weeks ago I found this site: https://www.redbubble.com/shop/next+computer?cat_context=all-departments&page=1&rbs=2f34acda-77d0-4232-b633-22b4e670f088 tons of retro goodies... NeXT logo on just about anything you want from totes to mugs to shirts and stickers.  Also a bunch of cool retro line art drawings from another artist of slabs, Apple II's, cubes, and other classic computing.  There's SGI logo stuff, Digital, etc.

Here's me next to my new-to-me TC Slab
You cannot see attachments on this board.
Here's the slab with the mug
Here's the two mugs I got... one NeXT and one IBM 1401.  I'm going to have to put most of this stuff on a wishlist because I'd run out of $.  Note the standard NeXT T came up for me in a blue similar to the color OPENSTEP/NEXTSTEP default background.  The Silicon Graphics shirts default to the Indigo of the plastics.