June 16, 2019, 05:30:05 pm

New Book "Inside NeXT"!

Started by msch, February 23, 2018, 10:18:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

eagle

Quote from: "msch"The author, Luciano has created a small website to present the english edition of the book:

https://www.borzini.it/insidenext/

Great! I have emailed him.  I definitely want a copy of this book.

Thanks for posting.
My NeXTs:
NeXT Computer prototype (68030-25 x2, 68040-25)
Two NeXTstations (68040-25)
All mono

chrisrot

Has anyone heard news about the book ?

mikeboss

Quote from: "chrisrot"Has anyone heard news about the book ?

I did. the books should be ready by the end of the month (sept. 2018).
October 12, 1988 Computing Advances To The NeXT Level

chrisrot

Thanks for the info.
I contacted Luciano again and ordered a copy. It should arrive eraly October.

eagle

Quote from: "chrisrot"Thanks for the info.
I contacted Luciano again and ordered a copy. It should arrive eraly October.

I wrote to Luciano again today to ask how to order.  I want one! :)
My NeXTs:
All mono

bobo68

My book is on its way. Will be great!

eagle

Quote from: "bobo68"My book is on its way. Will be great!

Fun! I can't wait to get mine.  Hopefully sometime in the next week or so I get an email requesting payment...
My NeXTs:
All mono

cubist

Have people been receiving offers for the English edition?  I signed up as soon as the site went live and haven't heard anything...

Rob Blessin Black Hole

Hello NeXT Community:  So I took a leap of faith and paid up front for 30 copies of the book , which he has signed and dated . From my understanding his quote  including shipping = $79 USD for individual book purchases so my plan is to offer them to you in the US at $75 which will include Sturdy packaging and ~ $18.50 USPS Priority Mail shipping. $75 Total

I refuse to use Media mail after they literally destroyed a package  and disposed of it with no option to recover. I also take them directly to the main post office and wait in line to minimize handling.

This should also cover any import fee's and paypal expenses,

I think it is a fair deal as ordering direct was $79 and they will go quickly from my understanding he is sold out also the difference keeps the lights on here.  

I have 2 people on the wait list, I'll send out a paypal invoice for payment and from my understanding the books are on the way.  

My Guess is to Canada will run an extra $10 to $20 USD which is $1000 Canadian (just kidding).

I did not plan on shipping these back to Europe as I  assumed all those orders were filled, but already have 1 customer that says they need one and I will be happy to do so and we will have to figure out the rate.

I expect to sell out of these quickly.
Rob Blessin President computerpowwow ebay  sales@blackholeinc.com http://www.blackholeinc.com
303-741-9998 Serving the NeXT Community  since 2/9/93

eagle

Rob, I want a book.  How do I get you the money?
My NeXTs:
All mono

chrisrot

My copy is on its way, too.

Quote from: "cubist"Have people been receiving offers for the English edition?  I signed up as soon as the site went live and haven't heard anything...

I haven't heard from Luciano, too. Thats why I contacted him about a week ago again and got a reply within a couple of hours.

Rob Blessin Black Hole

Quote from: "eagle"Rob, I want a book.  How do I get you the money?

I think the easiest way to do this is to drop me an email to bhi1@ix.netcom.com  with your paypal email address
Shipping address and phone number

Then I will send forth an invoice for $75 this includes shipping if you are in the US , if you are outside the US I calculate it .  I'm guessing a ballpark for additional shipping to Canada is $15 and back to Europe $30 USD , We will use Priority Mail for tracking and much less handling.

Best Regards Rob Blessin
Rob Blessin President computerpowwow ebay  sales@blackholeinc.com http://www.blackholeinc.com
303-741-9998 Serving the NeXT Community  since 2/9/93

msch

Today I received my book (english edition).

Again: great work, Thank You, Luciano!!!

See more impressions on Lucianos flicker Stream:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/165306279@N03/
Mathias

--
WTB: Next cube - please contact me if You want to sale.

eagle

Wow, very nice!

Good work, Luciano!

Can't wait to receive my book... hopefully Rob gets the books soon and can send us invoices.
My NeXTs:
All mono

Andreas

Quote from: "msch"Today I received my book (english edition).

Again: great work, Thank You, Luciano!!!

Me too! I'm so happy! The book are worth every cent.