Blackhole Inc

Started by brams, February 08, 2006, 04:58:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

brams

Blackhole looks to have gone, here's the message.

This domain name expired on 02/02/2006 and is pending renewal or deletion.

Another one bites the dust.......RIP
NeXTcube Turbo Dimension, NeXTstation Turbo Color, MP2100, Q840av, Q650, WS G4 500, Pismo G4 550, SGI Octane R12K MXE, BeBox 133.

RacerX

I talked to Rob a couple days ago, he was trying to find time to update his site after changing servers (I was asking because a number of links on his home page were broken). He said that he still plans on being in business for quite some time (and still has plenty of hardware).

Odds are that he forgot about his domain name. I've had this happen to my clients before. It will most likely be fixed shortly.

brams

I sincerely hope he does get back into the swing of things, however replies to any emails I've sent within the last 10 months or so have not been forth coming.  Things are certainly looking bleak as Randy Rensock is not replying to any emails either.

Alas though I imagine dealing in NeXT gear is not the most profitable business to be in.  That is unless Blackhole do other things besides.
NeXTcube Turbo Dimension, NeXTstation Turbo Color, MP2100, Q840av, Q650, WS G4 500, Pismo G4 550, SGI Octane R12K MXE, BeBox 133.

RacerX

Quote from: "brams"Alas though I imagine dealing in NeXT gear is not the most profitable business to be in.  That is unless Blackhole do other things besides.
I'm pretty sure that NeXT stuff isn't his only source of income... but at the same time, I would guess that it makes enough to support itself (it isn't like he has a store front to maintain).

Just in case, I left him a phone message about the domain name thing... He most likely host his own e-mail and may not have noticed it is down right away otherwise.

urbanape

Website seems to be back, and even has a few of the order foms accessible.

I may need to give him a call. I'm tired of losing out on the ebay auctions :)

brams

Good to see it back up, I wonder if he's bothering to answer emails?.  Maybe I should give it one last shot before I give up entirely.