Where To Get OPENSTEP

Started by GRMrGecko, October 10, 2007, 01:39:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mdriftmeyer

They've been uploaded. A corrected OS 4 Pr1 User has been uploaded as well.

kb7sqi is hosting them.

I believe he's listed them.

Also, other sections in this site have the 4.2 isos.

qianwan1999

where to download the openstep 4.2,thanks?

kvitske

Quote from: "mdriftmeyer"They've been uploaded. A corrected OS 4 Pr1 User has been uploaded as well.

kb7sqi is hosting them.

Part of the download page from www.kb7sqi.com seems to be password protected. Is there any way to download the iso's?

I have NeXTSTEP 3.3, but I'd love to see other versions as well...

Thank you!

nextstepper

Quote from: kvitske
Quote from: mdriftmeyerThey've been uploaded. A corrected OS 4 Pr1 User has been uploaded as well.

kb7sqi is hosting them.

Part of the download page from www.kb7sqi.com seems to be password protected. Is there any way to download the iso's?

I have NeXTSTEP 3.3, but I'd love to see other versions as well...

Thank you!

Hi kb7sqi

please can you send me the uid and pwd for the ISO directory?
many thanks,
hannes

s6275

How do we go about getting login info?  Is PM the recommended method, or is there some other way?

lowell

Quote from: "mdriftmeyer"If you want to host these, just message me and I'll upload them.

- Marc

I checked Marc's profile and he hasn't posted in almost a year; I was going to ask if he minded an additional host for the files. I'm looking for just the Developer CD, and since I can't find it either at eBay or BH, I'd try here. I've got plenty of bandwidth and space for the hosting which I can offer in return. Got to keep NS/OS/R alive, somehow. Is there anyone here that has the files he uploaded and doesn't mind splitting the hosting load?

mdriftmeyer

Quote from: "lowell"
Quote from: "mdriftmeyer"If you want to host these, just message me and I'll upload them.

- Marc

I checked Marc's profile and he hasn't posted in almost a year; I was going to ask if he minded an additional host for the files. I'm looking for just the Developer CD, and since I can't find it either at eBay or BH, I'd try here. I've got plenty of bandwidth and space for the hosting which I can offer in return. Got to keep NS/OS/R alive, somehow. Is there anyone here that has the files he uploaded and doesn't mind splitting the hosting load?

Check your PM box. I'll give you the User CD to host once you have downloaded the Dev CD.

- Marc

slynce

Quote from: "mdriftmeyer"

- Marc

Check your PM box. I'll give you the User CD to host once you have downloaded the Dev CD.

- Marc

Hi ,
do the lines above mean that we'd be able to download the Developer CD soon from where you host (or will host) it or you are talking about private hosting of it with download restrictions as in kb7sqi's site?
I've got a VMware OpenStep 4.2 (virtual machine) and would like to install the Developer software to try to create some databased app ;)

mdriftmeyer

Quote from: "slynce"
Quote from: "mdriftmeyer"

- Marc

- Marc

Hi ,
do the lines above mean that we'd be able to download the Developer CD soon from where you host (or will host) it or you are talking about private hosting of it with download restrictions as in kb7sqi's site?
I've got a VMware OpenStep 4.2 (virtual machine) and would like to install the Developer software to try to create some databased app ;)

The person who contacted me offered to host them. I won't host them but I most certainly have no problem getting them out to people who will, in hopes that some sort of permutation of host space would emerge and thus one would have half a dozen places to get them.

- Marc

kb7sqi

Hi all,
  Been a while.  Works been extremely busy the last few months.  Sorry!  I wanted to say something though about "my download restrictions."  Remember I host the sftp server & web server on my own systems.  While people are almost always sucking everything off the sftp/web server, I have to try to work at the same time.  I need my bandwidth like everyone else!  If someone has a problem w/ the bandwidth caps on the sftp server, I hate to tell ya, but TOUGH!  The only thing I've asked of people is show some restraint & not try to download everything all in one or two sessions, yet people continue to try to do it anyway.  I know several folks have got to have complete mirrors of the sftp & the web server.  I keep logs, I know people frequently mirror them both.  If someone else is willing to host them, go ahead, I don't have any problems w/ that. :-)
   If someone's requested access to the sftp server & I haven't gotten back to you, sorry  I'm not ignoring you.  I've been busy working.  I'll get back to you when I have time.  
    I think most people here know I love my NeXT systems as much as anyone else here.  I love to still try to compile stuff when I get a chance and I love visiting these forums, but if I get more emails w/ complaints about the sftp server.  I'll close it for good.  Sorry, I just don't have time to deal w/ the hassle.  I hope everyone is doing well!  Take care.
     Marc, glad to see ya back on the forums btw. :-)  I'd forgot to pm you but I did have a few people state that the MECCA floppy images are corrupt.  If/When you have time could you re-upload them.  If you drop them in the incoming folder, I'll move them over to where they belong.  Thanks & I apologize for my tone.

kb7sqi

Just a follow upto my previous post.  If I offended anyone, I apologize.  My comments weren't directed any one person.  Sometimes I get anywhere from 1-30 requests a week for access to the my server.  I don't mind giving access, etc.  Everyone here know's I've never minded hosting stuff for the forums w/ in reason like not hosting Helf's 4+ gig DVD image any longer.  Sorry helf! ;-)  It's one of the ways I try to give back to this small great community.  We all love our NeXT systems! ;-)  I do however have a problem w/ someone complaining about what I do/don't provide.  It wasn't posted here on the forums, it was in some emails I had received.  I just want to make sure it was clear.  I won't mention names/nicks.  I really don't think they were member of the forums, just a passer by.  The caps on bandwidth, the limit of one connection per IP, & the max of three people connected to the sftp server stay in place.  Other than that, I place no restriction on what's uploaded/downloaded.  Take care!

niteshooter

Hi Steve, thanks for hosting the ISO's.

You sent me a user ID and PW but I've never been able to get it to work. If you get a chance could you pm me here again please.

Thanks

Kevin

kb7sqi

Quote from: niteshooterHi Steve, thanks for hosting the ISO's.

You sent me a user ID and PW but I've never been able to get it to work. If you get a chance could you pm me here again please.

Thanks

Kevin

Hi Kevin,
   The username/password I sent you were correct.  If you're having a problem w/ Cyberduck, under the GENERAL settings, make sure you have the setting for Transfer Files: to Use browser connection instead of Open New Connection.  That should solve your problems.  You're limited to 1 connection per IP, so you can't "open a new connection."  Let me know if that takes care of it.  Take care.

lowell

https://s3.amazonaws.com/next-archive/openstep42-user.tgz
https://s3.amazonaws.com/next-archive/openstep42-developer.tgz

Hey everyone, as promised, here are the two openstep CDs. The User archive contains both the ISO and the floppy images required for booting.

The link will change as it's a temporary location - I just wanted to get them back up as quick as I could since Marc went out of his way for me.

The NS33 CDs will follow as will preinstalled VMWare Fusion environments of each.

For now, I'd appreciate if the the links weren't shared beyond this forum (I can't set up redirects for when the location is final since I don't own amazonaws.com) but I won't do anything if you do.

armus2112

lowell:  you rock, thanks!

armus2112