August 18, 2019, 01:20:26 pm

Nitro

Started by Korperlich, October 17, 2007, 05:20:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Korperlich

Anyone here own a Nitro, know who does, or know what they're worth these days?
Anyone even seen one?

pentium

I don't think anyone here owns one.
To date, only ten have been found and I have seen one go in a sale along with a complete cube for four grand but that was a long time ago and someone mentioned it from another forum posting which came from another forum.

-NeXT 68040 Cube with NS 3.3 and 64Mb ram

brams

I know of somebody who has one in Texas, I offered him what I thought was a generous price a couple of years back (I cannot recall exactly what but it was in excess of 3000US) and he would not sell, I think it is still up for grabs if he still has it but I think it would cost a small fortune.  It's in a TC slab.

brams
NeXTcube Turbo Dimension, NeXTstation Turbo Color, MP2100, Q840av, Q650, WS G4 500, Pismo G4 550, SGI Octane R12K MXE, BeBox 133.

brams

OK I have found the email addy for the guy who I knew had a NeXT Nitro, no idea if he still has it.  If anybody would like it send me msg.

I think the guy wants serious money for it though.

brams
NeXTcube Turbo Dimension, NeXTstation Turbo Color, MP2100, Q840av, Q650, WS G4 500, Pismo G4 550, SGI Octane R12K MXE, BeBox 133.

nextime

a friend in the bay area has a nitro.  last I knew he was asking about $4k for it.

nextime
My NeXTcube is now my NeXT stool.  It is sitting in the backyard under a camilla.  At least the cube was good for something else besides a computer.

Nitro

If anyone has luck contacting a Nitro owner, please request photos so that we can add them to the archives here.

Thanks,
Nitro

brams

Two board members asked me for it, I've not had a progress update though I'd be keen to see pics, tests etc if anybody managed to snag it.

cm

I have not known this page. I regitered now.
I have Nitro.

pentium

You do?
Can we see photos?

cm

It seem that I am not allowed to post photo on the board
directly....

How?

cm

I posted my image of Nitro.

pentium

First, upload the photo to something like photobucket and then paste a link to it.
I can't see it in your avatar photo.

Edit: Wait, I SEE IT!  :shock:

cm

I think so. But it is awksome...

I made a new account for photo. It is test.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24287589@N02/

Nitro

Excellent! Thanks for posting a picture. It's especially cool to see the Nitro "resting" on a Turbo Cube motherboard.  :D

We would be happy to host Nitro pictures in the archives here. Send me a PM or e-mail (admin <at> nextcomputers.org) if you would like to do that.

Thanks,
Nitro

NeXT-Nitro

Hey guys,

I may be 2 years late to this thread, but I'd like to report that I own a Nitro. It's in may parents' basement right now, and I am not, so I'm a bit sketchy on the details.

I think I bought it around 2004 from Randy Rencsock (who runs channelu.com), and I believe mine is the very one that is on the main picture on http://channelu.com/NeXT/Black/Nitro/index.html. However, on that page Randy writes the pictures are of a non-working one. Mine is definitely working (or at least was, last time I looked maybe 3 years ago), and it's in a Turbo Colour slab. I remember it was just fast enough to play back 128kbit MP3s in stereo with 123mpg, something that my cube could never do.

Writing this I get all nostalgic about my computer collection, and I feel like I have to fire up one or the other old piece next time I get round to it! To be honest, I am pretty scared to discover that something is wrong with the Nitro after such a long time of inactivity ... capacitors dry out and blow up, I've seen it happen on old machines.

If you guys want I can take a couple of pictures some time in the next months.

Now, does anyone have any idea above and beyond the info on Randy's page linked to above about how many Nitros exist?

... And how many NRWs, and where they are?

Cheers,
:: Florian