October 20, 2019, 11:33:13 am

Pyro in a cube

Started by gtnicol, October 17, 2007, 07:47:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gtnicol

Has anyone here installed a Pyro in a cube. I have one in a slab and was thinking of moving it into a cube instead. I guess I'd have to use a Turbo motherboard?

pergamon

Quote from: "gtnicol"Has anyone here installed a Pyro in a cube. I have one in a slab and was thinking of moving it into a cube instead. I guess I'd have to use a Turbo motherboard?

Mine's in a cube, though I didn't install it - that's how it was when I bought it.

Because of the size of the whole assembly, you can't put it in the normal (#3) motherboard slot.

And no, you can't use a turbo cube (33mhz) board - it must be a 25mhz 040 board, and one with a socketed CPU unless you want to do a lot of soldering.

gtnicol

>And no, you can't use a turbo cube (33mhz) board - it must be a 25mhz
>040 board, and one with a socketed CPU unless you want to do a lot of
>soldering.

Cool. I have a few socketed 040 25Mhz boards. This is the slab...

gtnicol

I now have a Pyro+ Dimension cube. The Pyro feel quite a lot faster than the normal 68040/25 and faster than a Turbo. It's a shame you can't go past 64MB of memory.

Andreas

Quote from: "gtnicol"I now have a Pyro+ Dimension cube. The Pyro feel quite a lot faster than the normal 68040/25 and faster than a Turbo. It's a shame you can't go past 64MB of memory.

it would be nice to see it in a 25MHz slab with the 128MB chipset.

pergamon

Quote from: "Andreas"
Quote from: "gtnicol"I now have a Pyro+ Dimension cube. The Pyro feel quite a lot faster than the normal 68040/25 and faster than a Turbo. It's a shame you can't go past 64MB of memory.

it would be nice to see it in a 25MHz slab with the 128MB chipset.

Yeah, but none of them have socketed CPUs.