FORE board NXA-100 ATM for NeXTcube

Started by David_Fischbach, November 29, 2007, 12:03:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

David_Fischbach

Hello,

I search a special board for NeXTCube, the FORE board for NeXTCube , the NXA-100 ATM Computer Interface, it's an fiber optical board. Very fast. It is use to build a network of NeXT computer with fiber optical.

I think it has been used in American university or medical area.

I know that Rob Blessin of Blackholeinc has one.

If you have one, let me knwo and send me photo please.

Regards.
David

pentium

A FORE board?
I thought that was only a legend?  :shock:

-NeXT 68040 Cube with NS 3.3 and 64Mb ram

stevenjay

I was the board designer for the NXA-100 at FORE Systems, so I can verify that it did indeed exist.  At most a couple dozen were manufactured, as no large contracts for the board were ever realized.  If I recall correctly, the Air Force was the main driver for developing the board, and took delivery of a dozen.

Unfortunately, I believe I discarded my engineering samples :cry: .  I do, however, have two NBICs which have never been used (we designed our own interface for the NXA-100 card).

pentium

Those NBIC boards are few and far between. I have only ever seen one other member her own one and I think he eventually sold it for an undisclosed amount.

-NeXT 68040 Cube with NS 3.3 and 64Mb ram

stevenjay

I should clarify that I have two NBIC chips.  We did have a development PCB at one time, but it sat unused and was discarded.

If anyone is interested in one of the NBIC chips, please contact me.  I'm interested in them going to good home(s), to people who want to complete interesting projects for their cubes.

Rob Blessin Black Hole

Hello NeXT Community: I actually have a Foreboard anyone have a clue where I can find drivers for it? Best Regards Rob Blessin Black Hole, Inc. , yep were stll alive and kickin, been through somes up and downs but doing well!javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
Rob Blessin President computerpowwow ebay  sales@blackholeinc.com http://www.blackholeinc.com
303-741-9998 Serving the NeXT Community  since 2/9/93