September 19, 2019, 03:17:36 pm

IOLINK MIX Box

Started by gtnicol, February 22, 2006, 03:48:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gtnicol

Another one... this appears to be a modem that connects to the DSP port. I have no manual or software for this. Does anyone else?

Andreas

Quote from: "gtnicol"Another one... this appears to be a modem that connects to the DSP port. I have no manual or software for this. Does anyone else?

I have this one, AFAIK a second revision:

If you have an email account wich can handle a lot of Megabytes i can send the floppy images to you.

brams

What is this thing then?, I've never heard of one of these.  Is it the same idea as an Apple Geoport Telecom adaptor that uses the host DSP on a Quadra 840av to emmulate a real modem? or something else?
NeXTcube Turbo Dimension, NeXTstation Turbo Color, MP2100, Q840av, Q650, WS G4 500, Pismo G4 550, SGI Octane R12K MXE, BeBox 133.

Andreas

Quote from: "brams"What is this thing then?, I've never heard of one of these.  Is it the same idea as an Apple Geoport Telecom adaptor that uses the host DSP on a Quadra 840av to emmulate a real modem? or something else?

http://www.channelu.com/Turbo/NeXT/3rdpartyhard.html says:
Mix is a 2400 bps full-duplex data modem and a 9600 send and receive Group III fax modem. With the help of the NeXT computers's built-in Digital Signal Processor, it can also be used as an advanced telephone answering machine and voicemail system, mix uses digital storage for announcements, incoming messages, and automatically switches incoming calls to fax, modem, or telephone and answering machine. Mix is easier to use than conventional hardware machines, providing both functionality and a high level of integration. The mix hardware doesn't use the serial port and doesn't need a power supply. i-link GmbH

gtnicol

> I have this one, AFAIK a second revision:

Why am I not surprised  :)

Anyway. gtn at rbii dot com will handle many megabytes. I'd love to verify that it works.

helf

wow, andreas. You seem to have or have had every bit of neXT related hardware/software ever made :P Would you be willing to sell your modem?
*INACTIVE*

Andreas

Quote from: "helf"wow, andreas. You seem to have or have had every bit of neXT related hardware/software ever made :P Would you be willing to sell your modem?

No, i have only one of this. I'm selling mostly doubles even if i would prefer to exchange the stuff against other NeXT things.