Anyone tried this program?

Started by helf, April 21, 2008, 04:28:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

helf

Vmount

Vmount is a port of the Linux filesystems (snapshot from kernel 2.0.25) to NEXTSTEP and OPENSTEP. It is not a kernel module but rather a user-level daemon. Vmount mounts disk partitions formatted as vfat, minix, ext2 or other Linux supported filesystem. The most frequent use is to access floppies and ZIP disks written by other operating systems with long filenames.
Features
Runs on NEXTSTEP and OPENSTEP/Mach
Mounts ext2, minix, vfat, ntfs, iso9660 and hpfs filesystems
Open Source Software: distributed under the GNU General Public License.

Sounds awesome! He also has a GUI frontend for it. My NeXT is a little indisposed at the moment, so I haven't been able to test it out.

Someone really needs to do a new website dedicated to NeXT programs... So we have everything in one spot. I keep finding off the wall websites like this one...

ok, I'll work on it ;)

P.S.
poo, appears to be for i386 only. Soooo, who wants to tackle porting it to 68k? ;)
*INACTIVE*

TeXN

Yes!  I have used it, and it's fantastic.

In fact, I just referenced it (but forgot the name) in association with mounting and accessing massaged NeXT archive disks.

I have used it on black hardware after using X86 muscle to decompress and burn to media.  Much nicer than an overnight 'for ; do gnutar ; gunzip ; done ' loop..

helf

nice :) I forgot about giving it a try. I have my NeXT up and running now. I'll test it out this week, if I remember :D
*INACTIVE*