Old quicktime files and NEXTIME

Started by helf, September 22, 2008, 08:33:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

helf

Okie dokie; Seems NEXTIME will play old .mov files with uncompressed audio (none of my working videos have compressed audio) and cinepak video compression. My slab handles ~80KB/s, 160x120 (I believe) @ 13-15fps perfectly. I can even move the video window around with it playing without problems. Anyone know of a video editing program that'll handle converting to the old quicktime container format?

I can send the file I have that works really well to anyone that either wants to test it with a video converter/editor they have or just want to play it on their nextstep machines . Video is about 65MB and is entitled "The Making of Myst". Actually a neat video. We could stick it on the sites file dump if the admins want. Not many videos work with NEXTIME...

*EDIT*

oooo... Found a .bin for quicktime 2.5 which has all the features that were in the "Pro" version from 3.0 and up. I'll assume NEXTIME can play videos from this version. I'll fire up my old mac and see soon.
*INACTIVE*

pentium

Is there anything special about your version of "The Making of Myst" and are there any other special programs needed other than NEXTIME?
I got both the PC and mac versions of Myst and both have the video in QuickTime.

-NeXT 68040 Cube with NS 3.3 and 64Mb ram

helf

nothing special. Came off my windows 95 Myst CD. It plays fine with NEXTIME. Give it a shot :)
*INACTIVE*

pentium

I'm still messing around with NS 3.3. I don't even know if NeXTIME is included with NeXTSTEP or a downloadable application.

helf

ah, thought you had a copy. It isn't included. I can email you a *.compressed copy of it if you wish.
*INACTIVE*

pentium

Sure. I can then just FTP it to my NeXT systems.

armus2112

helf

pentium, my work PC won't read my NEXTIME CD... So I'll have to compress it on my NeXT later and do a transfer to a PC at some point. I don't have any running at the moment at home.
*INACTIVE*

pentium

That is not a problem for me.
I have all the time in the world.