NeXT Software: Continue to store or recycle?

Started by yfried, April 16, 2006, 06:07:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yfried

I've replaced my NeXT boxes with Macs.  I've kept all my stuff......software, magazines, hardware, etc from the NeXT era.   What to do with all this stuff?  I want to keep one machine running MahJong....but unfortunately, that is the one piece of software that disappeared a while ago (disappeared  during an upgrade).  Should I continue to store the hardware and software?  They're all in working order.

Thank you,

Yvonne Fried
Ashland, Oregon

dravier

Well, this board is full of people that think NeXT hardware is still quite useful.  Most of us go out of our way to keep some of these systems running and fully operational.  So I would say either store it well or offer it up for sale to some one that'd take care of it the way most of use do...  that's just my opinion.  Good luck with your decision...
dravier

Turbo Color slab NS 3.3

"a little rebellion now and then is a good thing"
- Thomas Jefferson

helf

I'd love to know what software you have. I'd probably buy some of it off you :)
*INACTIVE*

RacerX

Quote from: "yfried"I want to keep one machine running MahJong....but unfortunately, that is the one piece of software that disappeared a while ago (disappeared  during an upgrade).
I've been running the same MahJongg (Farmer MahJongg) for a long time on all three platforms (OPENSTEP, Rhapsody and Mac OS X).

As for keeping the hardware/software... that is a personal choice. I still have a ton of uses for all this older stuff, so I keep it.