November 17, 2019, 04:15:37 pm

Voice?

Started by NeXTnewbe, August 19, 2009, 05:11:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NeXTnewbe

I can't remeber, but in the preference configuration on NS ther is an option for voice alerts,

how can I test this, I have activated but nothing!!

any ideas

Thanks

cubist

Quote from: "NeXTnewbe"how can I test this, I have activated but nothing!!

White or black hardware?  They certainly work on black with the laser printer.  "Paper is jammed in your printer."  How many times have I heard that...

NeXTnewbe

Quote from: "cubist"
Quote from: "NeXTnewbe"how can I test this, I have activated but nothing!!

White or black hardware?  They certainly work on black with the laser printer.  "Paper is jammed in your printer."  How many times have I heard that...

I got a NextCube running NS 3.3 and my soundbox is in working orderm but I don't have a printer  :cry:

cubist

Quote from: "NeXTnewbe"I got a NextCube running NS 3.3 and my soundbox is in working orderm but I don't have a printer  :cry:

That may be the end of your tests.  I looked on my cube and I only found four .snd files that looked like voice alerts and they are all for the printer.  They're down in /lib if you want to do a find.  This preference looks like nothing more than a per-user global setting that applications can query if they want.

You can certainly play the four files to experience the excitement of voice alerts.