Database NS 3.3/OS 4.2 EOF 1.1 - 2.2 / WO 3.5 upward...

Started by skaffloth, January 02, 2010, 08:48:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

skaffloth

I haven't done much of stuff until lately on NS since 91-93, except professionally 96-98. I gathered a lot of nice Black HW and had a lot of SW and bought the rest...

I have a few nice projects in mind to give back here, but I want to get the Database Kit/EOF/DB Adaptor up...

So I wonder, what are people using? Some Sybase/Oracle items are old (I really tried to get hold of Oracle 7 Install today for THREE hours, I work for Oracle and thought it would be easy to get an install image internally for a obsolete system for this purpose... NOT...).

Would a Oracle 8i system work against EOF 1.1/2? How do you setup the listener?

I know this is a lot of question, but you get my real question, what database can I use to get EOF/WO up and running?

Should we have a own category for this alone? Think this does not really belong in this category but I didn't find any other more appropriate.
040 NeXTCube NeXTDimension
Turbo Color Slab
SparcStation 20 SX
HP 712/60 (Gecco)

iDork

NS TurboColor,  SparcStation 5, Ultra 10, Octane SSI, HP 9000 C110, AlphaStation 200, Apple IIgs|IIe|IIc, Amiga 500+|600|1200, Commodore 64|128

skaffloth

I looked around my CDs and found a Oracle 7.3.4 for Solaris 2.6, that should work for WO/EOF.

But the adaptor for Oracle just states Server, User and Password when to connect, so is there a listener definition on NS/OS? I searched but didn't find any file where to specify server information, somehow the SID needs to be translated to server/port. Anyone configured this in the past?

I also found a Sybase 11.5, and I do think I have Sybase SQL Database for HP-UX on DDS tapes, but then I need to setup a HP/UX 8 or 9 hosts (I do have the HW so it wouldn't be to hard...).

I have seen some notes of some people getting postgresql working,
is that natively in NS? Any EOF/WO adaptor for that?
040 NeXTCube NeXTDimension
Turbo Color Slab
SparcStation 20 SX
HP 712/60 (Gecco)