On April 14th 2010, a NeXTie will introduce THE NRW

Started by da9000, April 02, 2010, 07:12:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

da9000

And you'll see why 2010 won't be like 2010.

April 14th, 2010. The time is upon us.

Behold a complete NRW. Still ticking away in some secret bunker...

Yes, I realize there are nay-sayers always and the screen isn't on, but was working. You can also see the electronics from the backside. Enjoy dear brethren of NeXT! :-)

cuby

you mean... we won't make contact this year? ;)

C'mon, give us a hint!

-- Michael

mrintel

The suspense is killing me!

Give us something to work with!
Mr. Intel

Sun SPARCstation 20: LuBu OpenMagic 1.1 (OpenStep On Solaris)

Nitro

Nitro

pergamon

Quote from: "Nitro"Did you refurbish the Cube in BBums backyard?  :mrgreen:

Oh, that is hard to see.

But then again, back in the 97-99 timeframe where I worked we were lousy with cubes (hundreds of them).  We gutted them to use for trash cans and even stacked them up to make bookcases and other furniture...

NeXTsociety

I guess this is an inside joke?  Or an April fool a day late?  I'm lost.  hehehe

Mike_H

Mike

mrintel

Well, ladies and gentlemen. Today is the 14th day of April, and guess what...we are all still waiting for something to happen...

I do hope it wasn't something like the Y2K bug...
Mr. Intel

Slab

Quote from: "mrintel"Well, ladies and gentlemen. Today is the 14th day of April, and guess what...we are all still waiting for something to happen...

I do hope it wasn't something like the Y2K bug...

Unfortunately, he has a history of not following through.

Quote from: "da9000 from 2007"I will definitely scan it, but when I get a little bit of time. For now it's safely and carefully stored someplace :)

Quote from: "mrintel from 2010"Just out of curiosity, has the NRW Manufacturing Overview been scanned yet? And if so, has it been posted somewhere?

http://www.nextcomputers.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=711
Slab

da9000

@cuby:

No, we DO make contact (evidence above :-)), but it's more like 2001 which was awesome and not crappy like 2010, IMHO. Ergo: this 2010 will rock!

@Nitro:

My dear friend, that cube has definitely outlived its days and ain't nothing any bum can do about it! :-)

@pergamon:

Thou shalt repent one day! :-p

@Mike_H:

Sir, I'm unaware of any such information or knowledge. Nor would I be disposed to discuss such information, if it did in fact exist, sir. :-)

@Slab:

Tsk, tsk, tsk. So quick to judge... And so much history to base it upon... And during tax season...

cuby

So great! Can we get a copy of the disk contents? :)

-- Michael

pentium

An Apple asset tag.
Boys, this looks like history right here. I damand shots under the hood!  :wink:
Also, that monitor looks like the largest, most clunky thing I have ever seen.

-NeXT 68040 Cube with NS 3.3 and 64Mb ram

Scutboy

That's just the same Sony monitor that NeXT, Sun, SGI, HP and everyone else used around that time.

It just came in different colors  :D

mrintel

If we could get some more pics of this, including it powered up, the inside, the apple tag, and other things like that, that would be great!
Mr. Intel

itomato

RISC(y) box with pedigree,
Hoards of NeXTies wait for thee.
I guess we'll all just wait.  And see?

May and June have withered hence.
with no expanded evidence.
This is all just my two cents,
with no intended arrogance..
-itomato