Daydream & NeXTcube Dimension with 2 Monitors?

Started by NeXTsociety, April 16, 2010, 10:43:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NeXTsociety

Anyone here using the QUIX Daydream on a NeXTcube Dimension system with both color and mono displays?

I have mine installed and booting now but can only work so far in B/W mono mode.  Even if I select Dimension & B/W, the system boots to only the mono display and the color monitor stays black and no video.  Per the user manual it supposed to let the color display be a 2nd display and it be in color.

The manual mentions something about removing some ND-patch from the System Folder but my System 7 install has no such patch.

Curious if you have it working.

Maybe by having a 2nd NeXTdimension in my Cube it is screwing it up.

tj

brams

I have a DayDream and it works fine on my ND Turbo Cube.  I only have one monitor attached to the ND.  Which slot is the ND in? single cards are supposed to be closest to the PSU/HDD stack
NeXTcube Turbo Dimension, NeXTstation Turbo Color, MP2100, Q840av, Q650, WS G4 500, Pismo G4 550, SGI Octane R12K MXE, BeBox 133.

Andreas

Quote from: "brams"I have a DayDream and it works fine on my ND Turbo Cube.  I only have one monitor attached to the ND.  Which slot is the ND in? single cards are supposed to be closest to the PSU/HDD stack

Does anyone have (ethernet-)network running?

brams

Quote from: "Andreas"
Quote from: "brams"I have a DayDream and it works fine on my ND Turbo Cube.  I only have one monitor attached to the ND.  Which slot is the ND in? single cards are supposed to be closest to the PSU/HDD stack

Does anyone have (ethernet-)network running?

Hi Andreas,

if you remember I bought my Daydream of you about 5 years ago.

Hmm ethernet I can't remember as I've not played with it for a couple of years.
NeXTcube Turbo Dimension, NeXTstation Turbo Color, MP2100, Q840av, Q650, WS G4 500, Pismo G4 550, SGI Octane R12K MXE, BeBox 133.

Andreas

Quote from: "brams"
Hmm ethernet I can't remember as I've not played with it for a couple of years.

The manual stated, it should be run, but i have never get it running. (i like to see the speed of webbrowsing via IE5 or iCab)