Amiga Emulator

Started by pentium, November 19, 2008, 11:55:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pentium

I see that there is an emulator for an Amiga for NeXTStep however after uncompressing and running it my system screeches to a crawl and it is next to impossible to do anything at all both in and out of the emulator.

-NeXT 68040 Cube with NS 3.3 and 64Mb ram

pentium

Okay I pulled up a console and read what it was doing while starting up and I think the problem is that it can't cam the kickstart rom. I created a file called .uaerc and it has -r /Amiga/KICK31.ROM in it and even with the file in my home (/me) directory the console keeps telling me that use can't find the rom file. Is this just because I am not placing the .uaerc file in the right place or is it because I didn't properly specify the path to the rom file?

barana

Quote from: "pentium"Okay I pulled up a console and read what it was doing while starting up and I think the problem is that it can't cam the kickstart rom. I created a file called .uaerc and it has -r /Amiga/KICK31.ROM in it and even with the file in my home (/me) directory the console keeps telling me that use can't find the rom file. Is this just because I am not placing the .uaerc file in the right place or is it because I didn't properly specify the path to the rom file?
path needs to reflect actual path

pentium

BuMP

Oh, so I have to specify the whole path and not just from my home directory.
Well I feel a bit dumb.  :oops: