Change Home Directory icon to a Cube ?

Started by NeXTsociety, June 12, 2010, 02:15:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NeXTsociety

On my NeXTSTEP 3.3 NeXTcube the home directory icon looks like a slab instead of a Cube.  Is there a way to make that icon look like a Cube instead?

2nd, then name it was given by previous owner was myhost.  Is there a way I can modify the name of the home directory icon to something else?

Thanks

tj

NeXTsociety

Quote from: "NeXTsociety"On my NeXTSTEP 3.3 NeXTcube the home directory icon looks like a slab instead of a Cube.  Is there a way to make that icon look like a Cube instead?

2nd, then name it was given by previous owner was myhost.  Is there a way I can modify the name of the home directory icon to something else?

Thanks

tj

Thanks to Brain here on the forums explaining how to do this.  Basically for those not aware, find your .tiff image that you wish to use and in your main root directory, copy the .tiff to it and rename it .dir.tiff

If you have a 2nd icon that you want to show up as you copy data to that directory, then copy the file to the same root directory and rename it .opendir.tiff

Real simple and thanks again Brian!

tj

bkmoore

This method works for changing any folder's icon, not just the root directory.

Brian

RacerX

Quote from: "bkmoore"This method works for changing any folder's icon, not just the root directory.
Sure it does... I use an icon of a ThinkPad on my ThinkPad's root directory. Just save the icon as ".dir.tiff" in the root directory (which I think needs to be done as root).