What is configure.app in NeXTSTEP 3.3

Started by NeXTsociety, July 08, 2010, 08:50:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NeXTsociety

Fresh new install of NS3.3 on my Cube and I have an application called configure.app that was in my NeXTAdmin folder.  The app will not launch as it says it is damaged.  My 2nd Cube, also a fresh install I did a while back, has no configure.app.  So, wondering what the app is and if it supposed to work on black NeXT hardware or somehow it got installed on my machine but is really only for Intel NeXTSTEP?

Curious.

tj

bkmoore

TJ,

The Configure.app is just for the PC. You can open it as a folder and inspect its contents. I think the NeXT patch 4 installs updated .nib files for it. It has no binary executable, so it shows up as a broken app. You can safely delete it on a NeXT system.

Brian

NeXTsociety

Quote from: "bkmoore"TJ,

The Configure.app is just for the PC. You can open it as a folder and inspect its contents. I think the NeXT patch 4 installs updated .nib files for it. It has no binary executable, so it shows up as a broken app. You can safely delete it on a NeXT system.

Brian

That is what I figured and had chucked it after posting but nice to know what it was for.  8-)

tj