TextEdit (OPENSTEP/Rhapsody/Mac OS X)

Started by RacerX, April 27, 2006, 12:55:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RacerX

As some people may already know, I happen to think TextEdit is a great application and I've posted pages on my sites (Mac OS X version and Rhapsody version) discussing it's use and features.

I had noticed the other day that someone who had linked to the Mac OS X version page had pointed out that it was dated (that page covers the 10.2 version). Plus Apple has added a bunch of new features in the 10.3 and 10.4 versions, so I decided to put up yet another TextEdit page (here).

So, what is different about this page from the previous pages?

I decided that TextEdit deserved a complete review of all it's versions... starting by looking at Edit in NEXTSTEP 3.3 and the first version of TextEdit in OPENSTEP (it is a demo app in the NextDeveloper directory). I then look at the Rhapsody version, followed by the Mac OS X Developer Preview (4) version, and then the 10.1, 10.2, 10.3 and 10.4 versions.

I finished the page off by putting a ton of links to different resources I have found valuable in using TextEdit in all it's incarnations. These are at the bottom of the page.

Hopefully it'll prove helpful.