Steve Jobs "Welcome to the NeXT World" email

Started by eagle, October 20, 2011, 10:23:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

eagle

Hi, all.

I'm not quite sure where to put this, but I was wondering if anyone had a copy of the welcome email that gets put into all new accounts created on the NeXT.  I'm looking for an earlier version of it - the one with the voice part that says "Hi, this is Steve Jobs.  We want to welcome you to the NeXT World.  We think you're gonna love it here." or something like that.

Thanks.

eagle
My NeXTs:
NeXT Computer prototype (68030-25 x2, 68040-25)
Two NeXTstations (68040-25)
All mono

aragon

You mean this one?

http://www.nextcomputers.org/NeXTfiles/Audio/Sounds/Snd/SteveJobsWelcomeToTheNeXTWorld.snd

edit: Heard the "NeXT Song" from that folder for the first time...  :shock:
Very funny stuff indeed!

slomacuser

eagle

Aragon, yes, that is exactly it.  Very cool.  I'd like to have the text part as well (screenshot would be fine).  

And, actually I just located all of this, in a backup I have of the /me folder.  Didn't know I had that!

NeXT Mail was so cool, doing basically what MIME mail does today, but before there was MIME.  I really wish OS X had the NeXT's Lip Service feature.
My NeXTs:
NeXT Computer prototype (68030-25 x2, 68040-25)
Two NeXTstations (68040-25)
All mono

aragon

Quote from: "eagle"Aragon, yes, that is exactly it.  Very cool.  I'd like to have the text part as well (screenshot would be fine).  

And, actually I just located all of this, in a backup I have of the /me folder.  Didn't know I had that!

Glad you found it!

Quote from: "eagle"NeXT Mail was so cool, doing basically what MIME mail does today, but before there was MIME.  I really wish OS X had the NeXT's Lip Service feature.

Yes, it's astounding that after 20 years our GUI still has not evolved that much.