September 15, 2019, 10:38:23 pm

Forum Interruption

Started by Nitro, May 23, 2017, 07:15:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro

The forums were down yesterday due to the fact that our web host GoDaddy decided to move NeXTComputers.org to a new server without any prior notice.  When migrating the forum database they fumbled the ball and corrupted the data.  I restored the database from a backup that I made two days ago.  That means that any posts that were made yesterday or today are nothing but ones and zeros on the floor.  You'll have to repost anything that was posted during the past few days.  Sorry to everyone for the inconvenience.
Nitro

bobo68

Thanks Nitro for bringing the forum online again. It is unbelievable how unprofessional GoDaddy acts.

neozeed

Got to love offsite backups!!!

Thanks for keeping the lights on for our small group!
# include <wittycomment.h>

eagle

Nitro, I don't know anything about the current setup (e.g., monthly cost, specs of the hosting system, traffic levels), but I've had very good success with my VM at DigitalOcean.  I get a VM with 2 CPU cores and 1GB RAM for $10/mo.  30GB storage space, and 2TB monthly transfer.  If you'd be interested in trying that out, use this referral link to get some free usage time:

https://m.do.co/c/cdd248c14257

And, DigitalOcean hosts their own DNS, so I was finally able to move away from GoDaddy's DNS servers.  Man, what a relief that was.
My NeXTs:
NeXT Computer prototype (68030-25 x2, 68040-25)
Two NeXTstations (68040-25)
All mono