October 19, 2019, 04:47:39 am

Looking for MkLinux...

Started by Jenne, October 08, 2006, 04:36:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Hello again.

Along with another little project I'm looking for a chance to obtain MkLinux in a version from Apple. To be more exact: I need a -> faster <- source than the official one from mklinux.org which offers MkLinux DR 1.

Any help is very appreciated!

J

blackcube

Quote from: "Jenne"Hello again.

Along with another little project I'm looking for a chance to obtain MkLinux in a version from Apple. To be more exact: I need a -> faster <- source than the official one from mklinux.org which offers MkLinux DR 1.

Any help is very appreciated!

J

Try here.  I haven't checked it out yet but it might be promising.

ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/mklinux
www.blackcube.org - The Texas State Home for Orphaned and Wayward Computers

tenzin

Jenne,

If you want to steppify MkLinux, a friend of mine made more up to date RPM's of GNUstep than the very old and probably near useless ones on most mirrors.

http://homepage.mac.com/riccardo_mottola/mklinux/

Have fun,

Tenzin

Jenne

In the meantime I managed to install and use MkLinux DR 3 on my 8500. Thanks for all Your replies.

I think I will boost my old G3 Desktop a bit: 4 SCSI HDs, one with MkLinux, one with Rhapsody, one with Copland and one with Mac OS X Server 1.0. The single ATA HD will hold an OS 8 or 8.6 - all the fancy stuff within one Mac :)

J

slomacuser

as I know, Copland runs only on PM6100..?

Jenne

Not only the 6xxxers... The thing about Copland is that the debugger has to be started off another Mac conected via serial cable. I Will let You know about any efforts in this ;-)

J