October 20, 2019, 12:05:03 pm

Open for Business

Started by Nitro, December 26, 2005, 07:59:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro

We're finally open for business in the NeXT Computers Forum.  Please register and join the fun.  :)
Nitro

brams

Thanks this is cool, I'm glad somebody else carried on with a forum for the NeXT community, openstep.se will be missed, RIP.............
NeXTcube Turbo Dimension, NeXTstation Turbo Color, MP2100, Q840av, Q650, WS G4 500, Pismo G4 550, SGI Octane R12K MXE, BeBox 133.

Nitro

I agree, the Openstep.se forums will be missed.  I spent a lot of time there and enjoyed the topics and information.  Joacim has offered to pass the old forum database on to us, and we'll try to get it online as soon as possible.  I need to investigate the situation with our current host to see if we can accommodate the large ~ 1Gb database along side the current one.  We'll figure out a way to make it work.

Welcome to the forums,
Nitro

brams

I was going to ask if it where possible to move over the forum from openstep.se, as there was a wealth of information there.

Thanks for the welcome and best of luck.
NeXTcube Turbo Dimension, NeXTstation Turbo Color, MP2100, Q840av, Q650, WS G4 500, Pismo G4 550, SGI Octane R12K MXE, BeBox 133.

blackcube

I'm really glad to see this site up and running.  I've been having withdrawal symptoms since openstep.se went down.
www.blackcube.org - The Texas State Home for Orphaned and Wayward Computers

itomato

Cheers for the new site!
I second the withdrawal..

I have Simple Machines running on my site.  If I can be of service with the data rescue, let me know.
-itomato

astroboy

Let's hope there is a possibility to rescue the openstep.se forum database, there are years of accumulated info there! If not, let us know to lurk into our archives to re-post.

There are good backup practices in nextcomputers.org, right?  :roll:

Lateralus

Agreed, it's great to see somebody pick up the torch.

And I am loving the forum theme here. Very slick.  8)

gaspar

Thanks for keeping the spirit alive!
-Gaspar

Nitro

Thanks for the support, we're happy to carry the torch.  :)  The NeXTComputers.org domain name is prepaid through 2010 and the site is professionally hosted, so we'll be around for many years.
Nitro