Getting NS/OS software licenses from Stone Design...

Started by madcrow, January 29, 2007, 03:30:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

madcrow

Does anybody know if Stone Design either still sells or gives away license keys for their NS/OS software? I'd LOVE to add Create, 3DReality and Dataphile to my library of NS/OS software, but nothing I see on their website indicates that there's any way to do so. I've sent them some e-mails, but gotten no response... Any help?

madcrow

I see... It's hidden in a sidebar... Oh well, guess I need to come up with $250 now...

Nightengale

NeXT Turbo Color 4.2, HP Pavillion w/4.2,MacBook Pro, PPC G5 dual 2.7 10.5.8.

madcrow

Thanks for the link. There's a few useful things like JetPilot there that I didn't know about. All the Stone Design stuff has expiration dates far in the past though... Does that just mean that you can't apply those licenses if your clock is set to a time after those dates or does it mean that the programs go back to demo mode after that time period...

Nightengale

Got me cant remember. None of my nexties have the current date time etc never bothered me. IIRC my turbo station has 3DReality working full mode but not sure. You tried searching the newsgroups, theres a TON of info still there
NeXT Turbo Color 4.2, HP Pavillion w/4.2,MacBook Pro, PPC G5 dual 2.7 10.5.8.

RacerX

Quote from: "madcrow"Does anybody know if Stone Design either still sells or gives away license keys for their NS/OS software?

...I've sent them some e-mails, but gotten no response... Any help?

Andrew has never had any problems selling apps to me when I want them. I own four different licenses for Create alone (Create 3.x for NEXTSTEP, Create 5.x for OPENSTEP/Rhapsody, Create 10.0 for Rhapsody PPC and Create 10.x-12.x for Mac OS X). I haven't purchased Dataphile, but that isn't exactly the type of app I'd get much use out of either.

As for e-mail, it is odd that you aren't getting a response... Andrew has always returned my e-mails within hours (I don't think he has ever taken as much as a day to respond to me). If you are using some free e-mail service (yahoo or the like), your messages may have ended up in his junk mail folder. I know this has happened to me at times using Mail and getting messages from people who use those.

madcrow

I do use a free mail service (gmail) because it beats the cr*p out of any commercial mail available, but it hides behind a redirector from the family domain name. I only use the raw gmail address when I want to keep people from knowing my real name.