NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
My math and physics page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RacerX

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: My math and physics page Reply with quote

Just to let you guys know, I've put up a new (non-NeXT related, non-computer related) section of my site devoted to math and physics. The idea is to take existing resources on the web and organize them into something similar to what either a physics or (applied) mathematics major might take working towards their degrees.

It is design for anyone who is passionate about these subjects but can't justify going back to school for them. But I recommend that if anyone finds themselves spending any serious amount of time following the materials you should strongly consider putting that time into a school where you would get both knowledge and credit for your efforts.

Anyways, here it is...

Shaw's Amateur Mathematics and Physics Resource Page

As with all my other project pages, new stuff will be added as I have the time.
nextchef

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice collection of links, a very comprehensive first start. Look forward to seeing how this page evolves.

And for those who want to try out some of their ideas, Wolfram released Version 7 of Mathematica yesterday.

http://www.wolfram.com/products/mathematica/index.html

Chef
RacerX

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like some great improvements... specially over the version I'm using right now (Mathematica 4.1).

I'm still collecting data and writing the applications page, and it is going to include software for NeXT systems as well as software for other platforms (Mac, Windows, Solaris, Linux and IRIX).

In addition to Mathematica some of the other titles I'll be including are LiveMath Maker (formerly Theorist), GeomView, and 3D-XplorMath (to name a few).

If you guys know of any good math or physics/astronomy applications please post a link.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: