NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Samsung 2443BW does NOT work with NextDimension non-ADB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gctwnl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Samsung 2443BW does NOT work with NextDimension non-ADB Reply with quote

I can confirm that the Samsung 2443BW does not work with my non-ADB ND Cube Crying or Very sad

I am still interested in finding a good LCD monitor that can be used both for a high-performing recent computer via Digital DVI and the NeXTCube via Analog D-SUB.

Thanks,
Andreas

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Samsung 2443BW does NOT work with NextDimension non-ADB Reply with quote

gctwnl wrote:
I can confirm that the Samsung 2443BW does not work with my non-ADB ND Cube Crying or Very sad

I'm in the same boat, her 2343BW: you see the picture working OK, the display says about 2 Minutes long that you have to adjust your computer for a better resolution and than switches the picture off.
gctwnl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Samsung 2443BW does NOT work with NextDimension non-ADB Reply with quote

Andreas wrote:
gctwnl wrote:

I'm in the same boat, her 2343BW: you see the picture working OK, the display says about 2 Minutes long that you have to adjust your computer for a better resolution and than switches the picture off.

That is more than I got. I did not get a picture at all. Just a small moving panel telling me to adjust my card to 1920x1200. It did get the 68Hz.

I returned the monitor. But that means I am back on square one.
Andreas

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: Samsung 2443BW does NOT work with NextDimension non-ADB Reply with quote

gctwnl wrote:
Andreas wrote:
gctwnl wrote:

That is more than I got. I did not get a picture at all. Just a small moving panel telling me to adjust my card to 1920x1200.

The same here except that the 2343BW have something 2048x1152 pixel.
Quote:

It did get the 68Hz.

My manual says that the monitaor can only handle 60Hz, so i assume the 68Hz are too high.

Quote:

I returned the monitor. But that means I am back on square one.

The Monitor works like a charme an my Apple, so no reason for return. I have no place on my desk for the 4:3 monitor for my NeXT, so i have something to move.
gctwnl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Samsung 2443BW does NOT work with NextDimension non-ADB Reply with quote

Is there any decent LCD that can also handle the NeXT signal?
Andreas

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Samsung 2443BW does NOT work with NextDimension non-ADB Reply with quote

gctwnl wrote:

If you can live with a thick black border or an antialised picture any 1280x1024 with SOG will do.
I'm using yet a Philips 17" TFT wich works fine.
gctwnl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Samsung 2443BW does NOT work with NextDimension non-ADB Reply with quote

Andreas wrote:
gctwnl wrote:

If you can live with a thick black border or an antialised picture any 1280x1024 with SOG will do.
I'm using yet a Philips 17" TFT wich works fine.

To be precise: most likely success with any monitor that can handle 1280x1024 or up, SoG, @ 70Hz or up.

As it turns out, as far as many recent monitors these days can handle SoG, they are often fixed to refresh rates around 60Hz and thus cannot handle the NeXT's 68Hz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> New Technology All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: