NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Daydream & NeXTcube Dimension with 2 Monitors?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Rare NeXT Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeXTsociety

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Daydream & NeXTcube Dimension with 2 Monitors? Reply with quote

Anyone here using the QUIX Daydream on a NeXTcube Dimension system with both color and mono displays?

I have mine installed and booting now but can only work so far in B/W mono mode. Even if I select Dimension & B/W, the system boots to only the mono display and the color monitor stays black and no video. Per the user manual it supposed to let the color display be a 2nd display and it be in color.

The manual mentions something about removing some ND-patch from the System Folder but my System 7 install has no such patch.

Curious if you have it working.

Maybe by having a 2nd NeXTdimension in my Cube it is screwing it up.

tj
brams

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a DayDream and it works fine on my ND Turbo Cube. I only have one monitor attached to the ND. Which slot is the ND in? single cards are supposed to be closest to the PSU/HDD stack
Andreas

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brams wrote:
I have a DayDream and it works fine on my ND Turbo Cube. I only have one monitor attached to the ND. Which slot is the ND in? single cards are supposed to be closest to the PSU/HDD stack

Does anyone have (ethernet-)network running?
brams

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andreas wrote:
brams wrote:

Does anyone have (ethernet-)network running?

Hi Andreas,

if you remember I bought my Daydream of you about 5 years ago.

Hmm ethernet I can't remember as I've not played with it for a couple of years.
Andreas

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brams wrote:

Hmm ethernet I can't remember as I've not played with it for a couple of years.

The manual stated, it should be run, but i have never get it running. (i like to see the speed of webbrowsing via IE5 or iCab)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Rare NeXT Hardware All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: