NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
NeXT hardware and software horde

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Rare NeXT Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Radegonde

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:45 am    Post subject: NeXT hardware and software horde Reply with quote

[size=12]Between 19992 -95 Mark Chamberlain and I had a company called Xexos. We used the Object Oriented programming capabilities of NEXTSTEP to devlope risk management and live feed software for financial houses and market traders in London and in Huston

I'm now downsizing and - lo and behold - I have some NeXT Kit that may be of interest

You'll find a link to a 'SendIt' folder which contains pictures of the bits and pieces that I have found.

It a big folder - 66 Mb - but what you will find really is amazing so - pull it down and have a look
https://www.yousendit.com/download/UnlEUWVvYXlBNkUwTVE9PQ

I got the kit connected yesterday and tried to boot up. The monitor is a 17" IIlyama which will sync on green and I've had to jury rig a mouse. You can see all this in the pics.

On my first attempt it complained that the real time clock was 'preposterous' and asked for it to be reset. I must have got that wrong because all that happens now is a 'checking disc' return in the booting panel. I could send you a clip showing this happening

The one thing that I do seem to have lost is the SCSI CD drive so I haven't been able to re-install.

[/b] Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Rare NeXT Hardware All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: