NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
NextBus Interface Chip Specification Online

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nitro
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: NextBus Interface Chip Specification Online Reply with quote

I scanned the NextBus Interface Chip Specification and placed it in the archives. Its a 32Mb download.

http://www.nextcomputers.org/NeXTfiles/Docs/Hardware/NextBus_Interface_Chip_Specification.pdf
korneluk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Many thanks.

-- jos k.
korneluk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: NextBus Interface Chip Specification Online Reply with quote

Nitro wrote:
I scanned the NextBus Interface Chip Specification and placed it in the archives. Its a 32Mb download.

http://www.nextcomputers.org/NeXTfiles/Docs/Hardware/NextBus_Interface_Chip_Specification.pdf

Nitro,

I already found a gem in the NBIC document you posted. On pages 109 and 110 there is a schematic for a memory expansion board. This is an excellent reference for designing our own. Refer to figure A-1.

The next document I would like for you to scan is "The Cube Digital I/O Assembly and Technical notes" along with the schematics.

Thanks again,

-- jose k.
da9000

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really awesome Nitro! Lots of good technical info! I'm glad to see the programming registers also listed in there. I'm sure it'll be very useful for writing (or improving some) NeXT software.

It looks really good. Could you describe your scanning/pdf'ing process? (method and which software you use) I'm sure there's a thing or two to learn!

Thanks
Nitro
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

da9000 wrote:
Could you describe your scanning/pdf'ing process? (method and which software you use) I'm sure there's a thing or two to learn!

I used an HP Photosmart C3180 printer copier scanner to do the scan. Unfortunately Im using the included HP scan software, which I would describe as crap. Smile After an hour and a half, and about 120 pages into the scan the software crashed. Doh! So I rescanned the document 10 pages at a time into separate PDF files and I used the full version of Adobe Acrobat to stitch the documents together. It wasnt an efficient process but it worked.
da9000

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nitro wrote:
I used an HP Photosmart C3180 printer copier scanner to do the scan. Unfortunately Im using the included HP scan software, which I would describe as crap. Smile After an hour and a half, and about 120 pages into the scan the software crashed. Doh! So I rescanned the document 10 pages at a time into separate PDF files and I used the full version of Adobe Acrobat to stitch the documents together.

Yeah, I've had similar terrible experiences with scanner software...

I wonder if OS X's Preview would let one do a similar job to the full Acrobat...
nextchef

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on the version of acrobat, and the level of product (standard, pro, etc), you should be able to do all the scanning inside acrobat, at least on the pc side. Then you do not have to use the buggy HP scanning software. Not sure about the mac versions, as I do not have anything besides reader on any of my macs.

Chef
David_Fischbach

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: NeXTBus doc Reply with quote

Hy everybody,

Concerning the documentation posted here :
http://www.nextcomputers.org/NeXTfiles/Docs/Hardware/NeXTbus-NBIC/

NextBus_Interface_Chip_Specification.pdf 02-Jan-2009 09:51 31M
NeXTbus_Specification.pdf 02-Jan-2009 09:51 53M

Are they the same ?

I can't download ' NeXTbus_Specification.pdf 02-Jan-2009 09:51 53M '

Regards.
David
David_Fischbach

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: download works Reply with quote

The download is working now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Site News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: