NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
New Members wanting to join our NeXT Forum troubles!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob Blessin Black Hole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: New Members wanting to join our NeXT Forum troubles! Reply with quote

Hello NeXT Community: First and foremost ; we sincerely appreciate the admins and moderators that have maintained and kept the site alive all these years! I know it has been a labor of love and much kudos and respect your way.
I am in some cases in a very unique position of bringing new members on board as my job is still filling orders for the NeXT community through my company www.blackholeinc.com .

I always try and recommend this site to old customers and newby's as a way to further communicate , receive help , find out good information etc about NeXT related products, services and people.

Lately a few of them have gone through the registration process but have fallen through the cracks and they have not been officially welcomed aboard by being signed in as members leading to much frustration on their parts. My goal here is to speak out for them so they can join us and believe me more than a few I know will be a valuable resource to help keep the NeXT torch burning bright well into the future with us. Some are actually board certified engineers that want to bring in some neat projects to help us upgrade the legacy hardware !

If the admins need help; I'm volunteering my time to get these guys and gals registered and onboard with us but I'm not sure how to go about completing the process. So basically I would be like an intern , I'm sure others would be interested in this as well !

We've (the guys and gals that want to join) sent pm's to the admin and Nitro and I know I've personally received responses but for some reason they have not completed the follow through for the new members by completing the registration process on the administrative level by letting these guys officially login and post .

My best guess is the Admins are very busy with other projects and believe me, admins and moderators we do respect and appreciate your time, efforts and continued support keeping this site up and running above all!

We only want to add more legitimate NeXT people to the fun of this forum!

I am posting this on their behalf because I care and want them onboard to participate and we can't do it alone .

If someone anyone has ideas on how upgrade, work with or potentially streamline / complete the current process please let me know so we can complete their registration and welcome them on board .

As I say I would welcome the opportunity to serve as an assistant to the current admins to help relieve some of their back log and move forward with adding more current members.

Any thoughts , ideas on this by other forum members are appreciated and once more thank you for this site admins or goal is to maintain and keep it growing for the past , present and future members of the NeXT community by respecting your help.

We all know our hearts are in this; enough said!

Best regards Rob Blessin
President
BHI

Cool
Rob Blessin Black Hole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: New Members wanting to join our NeXT Forum troubles! Reply with quote

Rob Blessin Black Hole wrote:
Hello NeXT Community: First and foremost ; we sincerely appreciate the admins and moderators that have maintained and kept the site alive all these years! I know it has been a labor of love and much kudos and respect your way.
I am in some cases in a very unique position of bringing new members on board as my job is still filling orders for the NeXT community through my company www.blackholeinc.com .

I always try and recommend this site to old customers and newby's as a way to further communicate , receive help , find out good information etc about NeXT related products, services and people.

Lately a few of them have gone through the registration process but have fallen through the cracks and they have not been officially welcomed aboard by being signed in as members leading to much frustration on their parts. My goal here is to speak out for them so they can join us and believe me more than a few I know will be a valuable resource to help keep the NeXT torch burning bright well into the future with us. Some are actually board certified engineers that want to bring in some neat projects to help us upgrade the legacy hardware !

If the admins need help; I'm volunteering my time to get these guys and gals registered and onboard with us but I'm not sure how to go about completing the process. So basically I would be like an intern , I'm sure others would be interested in this as well !

We've (the guys and gals that want to join) sent pm's to the admin and Nitro and I know I've personally received responses but for some reason they have not completed the follow through for the new members by completing the registration process on the administrative level by letting these guys officially login and post .

My best guess is the Admins are very busy with other projects and believe me, admins and moderators we do respect and appreciate your time, efforts and continued support keeping this site up and running above all!

We only want to add more legitimate NeXT people to the fun of this forum!

I am posting this on their behalf because I care and want them onboard to participate and we can't do it alone .

If someone anyone has ideas on how upgrade, work with or potentially streamline / complete the current process please let me know so we can complete their registration and welcome them on board .

As I say I would welcome the opportunity to serve as an assistant to the current admins to help relieve some of their back log and move forward with adding more current members.

Any thoughts , ideas on this by other forum members are appreciated and once more thank you for this site admins or goal is to maintain and keep it growing for the past , present and future members of the NeXT community by respecting your help.

We all know our hearts are in this; enough said!

Best regards Rob Blessin
President
BHI

Hello NeXT Community: I have spoken with Nitro and a lot of good news on the horizon for NeXTcomputers.org . I am now an administrator and we are going to set up a moderator level so we are seeking help in this respect. I know Gavin is in and I thought the Mike , Andreas and Khashoggi you all may be interested in being moderators as well.
Mike I spoke to him about your site and he likes the idea of a mirrored site and a proposed merger if you are up to it , this way we will have backups!
Also anyone interested in signing up for the forums, you can email me directly at sales@blackholeinc.com with your preferred username and email. I will forward them to Nitro and we will get you set up on the forums.
Nitro is doing better and is out of the hospital and we will be working at upgrading the site and with your help keep the forums going for years into the future, sound good.
We also look forward to any feedback or suggestions you all may have to help improve the site! Best regards Rob Blessin

Cool

Rob Blessin Black Hole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello : Welcome aboard new members , I have been approving you with my new found administrative duties after looking over your vitals. If you are having trouble with the initial registration process with a user name banned, you can email me directly and I will get you registered sales@blackholeinc.com. We have had problems with spammers in the past using certain free email services to attempt to create bogus accounts ; if successful they start spamming the forum.
I thought I would put this post here as we are looking for legitimate members , if you email for example ends in yandex.com as of today 3/10/2014 , I am considering banning this domain because 6 make that 8 different suspicious handles want to register for the forums all coming in within a few hours from yandex.com , seeing as this is highly unusual I'm going with my gut and saying spammers. So if I approve one of them and that start up with it the domain is banned and I can set people up directly , so if you get a banned message please email me directly. It keeps the forums clean lol. Best regards Rob Blessin
Rob Blessin Black Hole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello NeXT community : I have also figured out , how to reactivate member accounts for old members unable to login just email me. I've already helped a few members get back on board. I think what has happened after an extended period of inactivity the software deactivates the account , which can prove to be frustrating but I'm on it . Best Regards Rob Blessin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: