NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Woman tosses Apple computer that turns out to be worth $200K

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob Blessin Black Hole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Woman tosses Apple computer that turns out to be worth $200K Reply with quote

Hello NeXT Community: I hope they find her! On another note I am out of the hospital 5/30/2015 and I'll be taking it easy this week and try and keep pace with NeXT orders as I want to fully recover from Hypoxia / Pneumonia.
It seems like everything in the world is becoming so fast paced that sometimes we just need to take a step back and breath , relax as "our health is most important" in the long run.
So I'm going to be on Oxygen with a tank for the next year , It'll take some getting use to but it is already helping as now I'm well over 90% oxygen levels. As it been a rough week for me Hypoxia, Pneumonia add in Arthritis and the crazy monsoon weather , it has been off the chain keeping it together lol.
Man getting older, I'm learning is a journey , thankful to you all for the job of helping to keep the NeXT dream alive. I really appreciate it because with my current state of health, it gives me an opportunity to work from home through it all and I truly remain positive about life and work in the face of health adversity . I really enjoy helping people, friends and customers in the NeXT community out and feel fortunate to keep these great old NeXT computers running as they to are showing signs of aging some more than others lol.
Thanks to you all it is keeping the lights on here at blackholeinc.com , computerpowwow ebay and nextcomputers.org as well . We are getting a lot of new forum members , welcome aboard which is fun as well ! Here is a fun article I found for enjoyment and remember our NeXT's are just as cool : Best Regards Rob Blessin

Woman tosses Apple computer that turns out to be worth $200K
From Associated Press
May 30, 2015 9:47 PM EST

MILPITAS, Calif. (AP) Her electronic waste is someone else's treasure.

A recycling center in the Silicon Valley is looking for a woman who dropped off an old Apple computer that turned out to be a collectible item worth $200,000.

The computer was inside boxes of electronics that she had cleaned out from her garage after her husband died, said Victor Gichun, the vice president of Clean Bay Area.

She didn't want a tax receipt or leave her contact information, and it wasn't until a few weeks later that workers opened the boxes to discover an Apple I computer inside.

The San Jose Mercury News reports (http://bayareane.ws/1QiwrkE) it was one of only about 200 first-generation desktop computers assembled by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Ron Wayne in 1976.

"We really couldn't believe our eyes. We thought it was fake," Gichun told KNTV-TV.

The recycling firm sold the Apple I for $200,000 to a private collection, and because the company gives 50 percent of items sold back to the original owner, Gichun said he wants to split the proceeds with the mystery donor.

He said he remembers what she looks like and is asking her to come back to claim her $100,000 check.

"To prove who she is," Gichun said, "I just need to look at her." Cool
Hialmar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish you the best.
Thanks to you for keeping NeXT's passion alive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: