NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Urgent need Screencast license from Otherwise yes permission

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Classic Computer Marketplace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob Blessin Black Hole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Urgent need Screencast license from Otherwise yes permission Reply with quote

Hello NeXT Community: I'm looking for a license key for an old NeXTSTEP Openstep App called ScreenCast from Otherwise, we have the registerable demo , I have permission to use it however needed from Bill Tschumy the developer. Bill has moved on and is currently developing astronomy software and no longer has NeXT hardware. The Screencast demo version only runs 3 minutes , so it would help me out tremendously as I can use it for remote tech support on NeXT hardware and here as well. If you have one please let me know, I'm sure we can work a trade for your efforts. Best regards Rob Blessin Very Happy

"Hi Rob

Man, it has been a while since I've thought about ScreenCast and WatchMe. I disposed of my NeXT hardware around 12-13 years ago. I donít believe I kept any copies of the source code. I figured that project was dead. I may possibly have copied it to a DVD that is rattling around in a drawer.

If you have any licenses, you are welcome to do whatever you want with them. If you want to distribute ScreenCast or WatchMe, I recall the license only checked how many copies were running on the local network. So people in other companies could in theory use the same license.

Glad someone is keeping the torch going. Iím actually surprised the NeXT system is still able to be useful to some folks and that you can sell them. Nice to hear.

Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Classic Computer Marketplace All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: