NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Rhapsody DR2 365X help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hexloo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: Rhapsody DR2 365X help Reply with quote

I have a ThinkPad 365X that I have just finished installing Rhapsody on. I'm using a 3C589D for the NIC as according to http://www.rhapsodyos.org/hardware/etherlink/etherlink_1.html but with or without it inserted, the system gets stuck at "Configuring device drivers" at bootup. I selected the proper audio drivers, and selected the 760ED video drivers as said here: http://www.rhapsodyos.org/hardware/laptops/the_list_1.html.
I tried searching but I can't seem to find a solution. Thanks.
hexloo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the solution for any 365X/XD owners or just anyone with a Trident Cyber9320 trying to get Rhapsody running:

Use the 760E/ED driver then go to Expert options and change the 9660 part of the PCI ID to 9320. It's working fine for me with color and full res now.
neozeed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want slightly better hardware support, try the Darwin 0.3 updates, I think the biggest change is that Darwin will address 512MB of ram, unlike stock Rhapsody.

And if you have multiple disks to mess around with, you can dump/restore Darwin+Rhapsody onto a much larger disk.
hexloo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neozeed wrote:
If you want slightly better hardware support, try the Darwin 0.3 updates, I think the biggest change is that Darwin will address 512MB of ram, unlike stock Rhapsody.

And if you have multiple disks to mess around with, you can dump/restore Darwin+Rhapsody onto a much larger disk.

So I should use the toast from the Darwin-0.3/Apple-CDROM directory for this? The link on there now leads to a qcow image, not an iso. Thanks

edit: if I do this, I get mount_cd9660: Invalid argument.
neozeed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this one...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/aapl-darwin/files/Revived/darwin01_i386_dump.iso/download

This is the 0.1 version. There isn't too much different on the PC between 0.1 and 0.3 .. but there is a lot of stuff that must have changed regarding dr2 and 0.1
hexloo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neozeed wrote:
Try this one...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/aapl-darwin/files/Revived/darwin01_i386_dump.iso/download

This is the 0.1 version. There isn't too much different on the PC between 0.1 and 0.3 .. but there is a lot of stuff that must have changed regarding dr2 and 0.1

When it gets past the prompt asking for startup options it almost immediately displays this:
Code:

Error occured while linking driver PCMCIABus:
rld(): Undefined symbols:
.objc_class_name_IOPCMCIADeviceDescription
Error linking PCMCIABus device Driver.
Errors encountered while starting up the computer.
Pausing 10 seconds...

Then afterwards goes to the Rhapsody 1.0 screen and hangs on configuring device drivers.

Any ideas?
neozeed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexloo wrote:
neozeed wrote:
Try this one...

When it gets past the prompt asking for startup options it almost immediately displays this:
Code:

Pausing 10 seconds...

Then afterwards goes to the Rhapsody 1.0 screen and hangs on configuring device drivers.

Any ideas?

Oh crap, I completely forgot. The source to the PCMCIA stack was never released, and therefor the link kit to integrate the IOKIT into it just isn't there. I didn't worry about it at the time, as I was just thinking of desktops and anything 'modern' hasn't had PCMCIA in such a long long time.

So this will be useless for you. Crying or Very sad
hexloo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neozeed wrote:
hexloo wrote:
neozeed wrote:
Try this one...

Code:

Pausing 10 seconds...

Any ideas?

Oh crap, I completely forgot. The source to the PCMCIA stack was never released, and therefor the link kit to integrate the IOKIT into it just isn't there. I didn't worry about it at the time, as I was just thinking of desktops and anything 'modern' hasn't had PCMCIA in such a long long time.

Okay, well uh.. is there any way to restore it back easily? It takes hours for a reinstall with how slow the optical drive is in this machine. Thanks
neozeed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexloo wrote:
neozeed wrote:
hexloo wrote:
neozeed wrote:
Try this one...

Code:

Pausing 10 seconds...

Any ideas?

Okay, well uh.. is there any way to restore it back easily? It takes hours for a reinstall with how slow the optical drive is in this machine. Thanks

Ugh I'd think booting single user mode from the installer you ought to be able to copy in the old mach_kernel, although I'm not sure how it'll react to the different drivers.... Otherwise, yeah it'll be a re-install Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> White Hardware All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: