NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Blackhole

View previous topic :: View next topic  
russianmountain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Blackhole Reply with quote

Be careful with Rob "maybe Robber" Blessin from BlackHoleinc. He never return any mail and did not send half of the stock i bought from him.

Ebay is the best way to find NeXT related products but forget BlackHoleinc. BlackHole is exactly where half of your cash will finish.

He appreciate my business and my naivety Evil or Very Mad
nextchef

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont bother with email, as I do not think he answers email. The only semi reliable way to get him is by phone. I had to file a claim with both ebay and paypal to get the item I bought. Others have remarked that they had issues, but some have had no problems, so it just depends on how lucky you feel.

Chef
krfkeith

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called him on the phone and got a keyboard and mouse from him a week later.
helf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only ever tried email and I never got any responses. I don't think I'll ever risk trying to buy from him.
pentium

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's rare for me to ever glance at what he has.
I personally think some of his stuff is overpriced.

-NeXT 68040 Cube with NS 3.3 and 64Mb ram
cubist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Anyone know the story? Reply with quote

For years, Rob was one of the few people dealing in hardware and software after we lost Sam G and he ran a good shop. Did something happen? Perhaps he should be invited to explain things here?
nextchef

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know the story? Reply with quote

cubist wrote:
For years, Rob was one of the few people dealing in hardware and software after we lost Sam G and he ran a good shop. Did something happen? Perhaps he should be invited to explain things here?

Someone said he is a member in here, but if he is he is not advertising it.
russianmountain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@cubist:

English is not my mother tongue. It's ok to read and write but not to speak and understand fast speaking in real time.

Anyway, i will call him directly and i will see...
helf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your pain, russianmountain. I can pick my way through reading Spanish or German but as for speaking it, that's a no go.
matthewmac66

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

russianmountain wrote:
@cubist:

English is not my mother tongue. It's ok to read and write but not to speak and understand fast speaking in real time.

Anyway, i will call him directly and i will see...

Thanks for posting all of this, russianmountain. I'll watch your experience, as how he deals with you all will definitely affect whether I bring him business. I hope that he's willing to really help out NeXT users, as it looks like he's got an amazing collection of parts.
russianmountain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, i did send a last email to Rob and surprise: he did reply.

My email:
Hey Rob Blessin
I know that you read my emails but why do you never give any feedback or answer?
It's not easy to make business with you. I did pay you for a Openstep preinstalled hard drive 2 months ago. You did take my payment but never ship anything.
You have to complete your side of the transaction.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION NOW

His answer:
Hello (...):
My apologies for the delay, I have been in the middle of a remodel project and I should have shut my business down temporarily until they completed the work on the office. A water pipe broke over the server , the construction crew did not inform me of this or shut down the scomputer so I am in the process of recovering my data from the server. I will ship your drive this week, if I amunable to do so by wednesday I will issue a refund to you and everyone else that has been waiting for there products. It wasn't my intention to delay this process, I bought a laptop so I can atleast do business with people over email.

Appreciate your patience and business!

Best regards Rob Blessin

Conclusion: I will see but i think that my chances have increased.

Last edited by russianmountain on Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:22 am; edited 2 times in total
helf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, poor rob. That really sucks. If he has been having difficulties like that, then I don't feel so bad about not getting responses. I think I'll try emailing him in a few weeks and try to do business with him.
matthewmac66

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

russianmountain wrote:

His answer:
Hello (...):
My apologies for the delay, I have been in the middle of a remodel project and I should have shut my business down temporarily until they completed the work on the office. A water pipe broke over the server , the construction crew did not inform me of this or shut down the scomputer so I am in the process of recovering my data from the server. I will ship your drive this week, if I amunable to do so by wednesday I will issue a refund to you and everyone else that has been waiting for there products. It wasn't my intention to delay this process, I bought a laptop so I can atleast do business with people over email.

Appreciate your patience and business!

Best regards Rob Blessin

Conclusion: I will see but i think that my chances have increased.

Wow, what a mess to have to deal with. I'd give him some slack as well, but it's not fair for me to say so....it is your money, after all. I'd work with him though, I've been through similar disasters.

I'll make note of his number, and may leave him a message in the near future there about parts....if you think that it's ok to use it?

-M

Last edited by matthewmac66 on Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
russianmountain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done a mistake. I have include his cell phone number into the message without his autorization. And you repeat it into many quotes. If you want to reach him, please use first his main business phone number (970-223-9976). For more informations please visit first www.blackholeinc.com.

After that, if you absolutly want to use his cell number, do as your convenience and transmit him my salutations.Embarassed
matthewmac66

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

russianmountain wrote:
I have done a mistake. I have include his cell phone number into the message without his autorization. And you repeat it into many quotes. If you want to reach him, please use first his main business phone number (970-223-9976). For more informations please visit first www.blackholeinc.com.

After that, if you absolutly want to use his cell number, do as your convenience and transmit him my salutations.Embarassed

No problem at all, russianmountain. I removed it from my quote. I'd never use it without his OK anyway.....I guard my mobile number as well Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> White Hardware All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: