NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
NeXT Monitors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
compusplurge

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: NeXT Monitors Reply with quote

Does anyone have pinouts of the monitor cable, and possibly schematics of the board inside the monitors? I'm interested in the possibility of making a board of some sort to be able to use a regular monitor. Do NeXT machines need SoG?

//wthww
cubist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: NeXT Monitors Reply with quote

compusplurge wrote:
Does anyone have pinouts of the monitor cable, and possibly schematics of the board inside the monitors? I'm interested in the possibility of making a board of some sort to be able to use a regular monitor. Do NeXT machines need SoG?

The monitor pinout is inconsequential. In the case of the 17", only the three coax lines are connected. SoG is required. And you'll want the monitor to deal with the 1152x832 @ 66 or 72 Hz video format.
compusplurge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so the NeXT monitors are very similar to how 13W3 works without the funky connector, and they are powered from it. Neat. Still would love schematics of the board thast inside those monitors =p

//wthww
neozeed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

compusplurge wrote:
so the NeXT monitors are very similar to how 13W3 works without the funky connector, and they are powered from it. Neat. Still would love schematics of the board thast inside those monitors =p

//wthww

For the colour ones.. I suspect the B&W's are completly different.
un

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The B&W ones have audio, keyboard, mouse, and power as well as video in them. They're not the same as the 13w3 from the SoundBox on a colour machine.

I found this reference: http://www.museplan.com/projects/next-mac-faq/next-mac-faq.html (under "Display Hardware").
cubist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

compusplurge wrote:
so the NeXT monitors are very similar to how 13W3 works without the funky connector, and they are powered from it. Neat. Still would love schematics of the board thast inside those monitors

Well, the 17" only uses the video, I don't have my 21" anymore to say about it. The color monitors are not powered from the video cable while the monos are. Just want to make that clear. As for schemos, I tried to find the Hitachi service manual. I found a commercial site that might have had it but didn't find a free one. And they were never NeXT's property to publish.
cubist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

un wrote:
http://www.museplan.com/projects/next-mac-faq/next-mac-faq.html (under "Display Hardware").

Amusing. I own 1/10000 of NeXT's hardware output. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: