NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Any suggestions on Simple Blog in HTML?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kb7sqi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Any suggestions on Simple Blog in HTML? Reply with quote

Hey all,
Sorry I haven't been coding lately, but after 8+ years, I decided to give kb7sqi.com/kb7sqi.dyndns.org a facelift. Wink I originally created the new site in iWeb, since I was never gifted in the graphics dept. Rolling Eyes Anyway, after looking at the site in OmniWeb 3.x, I decided I needed to go back to something a lot simpler. So, I broke out my Thinkpad 560E running OPENSTEP and used Create, OmniWeb, OpenWrite and Edit to create/update some of the pages. The site is OmniWeb friendly again, but I really do want to keep a blog & the photo gallery. Anyone have some suggestions? The goal is to keep it OmniWeb friendly if at all possible. In the past for Photo Galleries, I used ToyAlbum. So, I thought I'd ask for some other options. On a side note, I was pretty impressed the ol' Sparc 5 serves up the new iWeb code well. Not bad for a 110Mhz system running OPENSTEP. :wink:

Take care.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
itomato

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Wiki on a stick / Stickwiki Reply with quote

http://stickwiki.sourceforge.net/

This has been making the rounds at work, where an "official" wiki has been shot down.. This leaves us with 10 separate wikis!

It's a single HTML file - all the content is embedded within.

I haven't looked at it with Omniweb, or Links2 for that matter, but it seems to be relatively clean/simple code.

i just did - it's XHTML - Javascript is required. This may or may not be something too complicated for Omniweb's '00-era Java capabilities to handle.

It also may be barking up the wrong tree..
kb7sqi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Wiki on a stick / Stickwiki Reply with quote

itomato wrote:
http://stickwiki.sourceforge.net/

This has been making the rounds at work, where an "official" wiki has been shot down.. This leaves us with 10 separate wikis!

It's a single HTML file - all the content is embedded within.

I haven't looked at it with Omniweb, or Links2 for that matter, but it seems to be relatively clean/simple code.

i just did - it's XHTML - Javascript is required. This may or may not be something too complicated for Omniweb's '00-era Java capabilities to handle.

It also may be barking up the wrong tree..

Thanks itomato! Looks interesting. I'll take a look at it further when I have some free time. I'm sure everyone has noticed I haven't been on the forum much. I've been pretty busy this month. Sad Hope to get some free time soon.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: