NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
LCD Panels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> NeXTdimension Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fchixon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: LCD Panels Reply with quote

I have had hit or miss luck with LCDs and the ND board. Dell 20 inch Widescreen ones work fine (1680x1050). Samsung 20 inch 1280x1024 will not work using the VGA or component inputs. A Gateway XHD3000 won't either.

It seems that published monitor specs don't cover enough info to determine if one will work or not. I presumed anything with enough dots would work fine, but the odd sync rate seems to throw them off. Eventually, it will be hard to find anything current to work with old systems.

Any ideas on which brands in general work (ViewSonic, Sony, Dell, etc)? Or will it be a model by model search within those ones people get to work?

My other guess is that there are so few ND machines running these days that there will not be any general info.
cubist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject: NEC MultiSync LCD 1980sx works perfectly Reply with quote

From a posting in Black Hardware, I picked up one of these for my ND. It's a really old LCD monitor at this point but it's exceptionally functional.

Quote:

I picked up one of these for my NextDimension and this looks very good. While my LCD has the same designation, the steps I went through were a bit different:

1. Power up system and monitor.
  2. Hit 'Exit' to get to OSM display.
  3. Select Tab '9' and set resolution to 1120 by 832.
  4. Select Tab '7' then 'Expansion Mode' and turn off all expansion.
  5. Select Tab '4' and select the 'Auto Adjust' function. Monitor will fiddle with frame and it should be correctly centered.
  6. There's also a 'Fine' control to adjust positioning to help get rid of any text blur.

Yes, there's a lot of black border with that but the text imaging is the best I've seen on an LCD so far. The NEC is quite a good monitor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> NeXTdimension Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: