NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Prototype? Next BW Monitor Shades -Misc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Rare NeXT Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JasonFC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Himm... Strasburg.. Reply with quote

Yep- I'm in Fort Collins CO
If Nitro is really up for some / all of this - send me a message offboard and we'll see if we can at least get some of this backed up. Been practicing the tar skills lately? Wink
No worries about this getting thrown out. Have a lot of other things that need to get cleaned / moved before we can reach that stuff....
-J
pentium

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Himm... Strasburg.. Reply with quote

JasonFC wrote:
Yep- I'm in Fort Collins CO
If Nitro is really up for some / all of this - send me a message offboard and we'll see if we can at least get some of this backed up. Been practicing the tar skills lately? Wink
No worries about this getting thrown out. Have a lot of other things that need to get cleaned / moved before we can reach that stuff....
-J

You might have to PM nitro regarding backups then and don't forget that gtnicol and me have also offered to do a backup and a few others (including me) have offered to downright purchase the stuff from you.

-NeXT 68040 Cube with NS 3.3 and 64Mb ram
krfkeith

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as far as buying stuff, I would be interested in the NeXTcube Turbo 040 Motherboard, a NextDimension board, and an 030 cube with MO drive. (you can have an 030 and 040 in the same case right?) Obviously any other stuff like the color printer would be nice (especially that gray mac!). Plus, I would really like an official next cd-rom (doesn't have to work). Oh, and don't forget the B&w monitor! I also would need peripherals.
pentium

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krfkeith wrote:
Well, as far as buying stuff, I would be interested in the NeXTcube Turbo 040 Motherboard, a NextDimension board, and an 030 cube with MO drive. (you can have an 030 and 040 in the same case right?) Obviously any other stuff like the color printer would be nice (especially that gray mac!). Plus, I would really like an official next cd-rom (doesn't have to work). Oh, and don't forget the B&w monitor! I also would need peripherals.

I'm not shooting you down but Jason has not yet even said he wanted to sell the stuff and looking on how he seems to have some really odd stuff I figure the cube will also be unique in some way.
I won't speak for him but I have a feeling that if he does want to sell anything he will be selling everything at collector prices (hey, were you not interested in an Octane? Wink )

dravier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first I'm catching this thread... it's like getting really into a movie or show and seeing those dreaded words "To Be Continued...". I'm on edge to hear what's on some of those MO's. What an amazing collection and thanks for sharing it with us! Wow... just so cool man.

Turbo Color slab NS 3.3

"a little rebellion now and then is a good thing"
- Thomas Jefferson
pentium

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dravier wrote:
This is the first I'm catching this thread... it's like getting really into a movie or show and seeing those dreaded words "To Be Continued...". I'm on edge to hear what's on some of those MO's. What an amazing collection and thanks for sharing it with us! Wow... just so cool man.

Same. By the sounds of it those disks contain some pretty interesting stuff.

JasonFC

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: *sigh* of time and other things Reply with quote

Allright - I admit it I've been pretty bad about keeping every one up to speed on things here - my only defense is that I just have not had the time here. My business has me traveling about 95% of the time and when I get home the last thing I want to do is move computer stuff.
So in looking to make this as easy as possible, I'll put this out there - if anyone is interested, I'll let them have the whole lot for $4500. - I'd prefer a local pickup just because shipping all of this would be no small feat.

What would be included:
1 Color Cube w/proto Mot Chip and w/ proto monitor (w Working MO) and BW monitor
1 Reg Cube / bw monitor
1 Color Printer - SCSI
1 BW Printer
1 NeXT Station W/ Monitor
2 BW NeXT Prototype Glare Guards
1 Color NeXT Station w/Monitor (I believe, need to find it)
Misc Spare Parts / memory, SCSI drives etc
1 CDRom Drive
1 Floppy Drive
1 Spare MO Drive (unknown Condition)
Lots of books
Lots of manuals
Lots of MO's CDs OS's, Dev tools and whatever
Whatever is found relating to the above in the meantime -

Really, the only thing I would like to do is keep a copy of one of the MO's and that's about it.

They are welcome to come over and take a look through the equipment and ensure they feel it matches what they want, and feel this is a good value. If there are specific questions feel free to contact me offline and we'll try to make arrangements. I won't be around this weekend, but will be back on Monday.

I feel bad it has come down to this, but some progress, err room, has to be made here..

Best Regards - Jason
pentium

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*whistles*
The only thing that could top that is a nitro board.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Rare NeXT Hardware All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: