NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Dec 2008 Situation: What is a good LCD for a NextDimension?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gctwnl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Dec 2008 Situation: What is a good LCD for a NextDimension? Reply with quote

I am resurrecting my NeXT setup from storage (finally got the time and space to do this). It turns out my LaCie photon20vision does not work with a ND. I just get a grey area and nothing on it. (WRONG. SEE BELOW)

So, I have been trying to find out which modern LCD's can handle the "1120x832 @ 68Hz sync on green" that the ND board puts out.

Manufacturer help desks are of no help, people on the other end of the phone have no idea what you are talking about (e.g. "our monitors are 60Hz and will not handle anything above" - Samsung helpdesk).

So, I am desperately trying to find out which modern LCD can handle this, preferably in a non-scaling manner. I have noticed some posts in this forum, but most are pretty old.

So, which nice LCD monitors will handle this on their D-SUB and display it properly?

Addition March 20, 2009: LaCie Photon20Vision does work after all. I had made a mistake. Th emenu says 1152x864, but the display is nice.

Last edited by gctwnl on Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
nextchef

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking an ADB or non-ADB based system, as apparently the output is different.

On my ADB based TurboColor I have used Dell, Acer, and Sun LCD monitors successfully.
gctwnl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextchef wrote:
Are you talking an ADB or non-ADB based system, as apparently the output is different.

On my ADB based TurboColor I have used Dell, Acer, and Sun LCD monitors successfully.

Sorry, I should have mentioned. Non-ADB

1120x832, 68Hz, Sync on Green.

I do not think this matters as the NextDimension card is separate from the whole ADB/Non-ADB stuff. I think it only matters for color NeXTstations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> New Technology All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: