NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
pilot-link & plptools

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Porting New Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
helf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: pilot-link & plptools Reply with quote

Anyone ever gotten these to compile in NS3.3? I tried before and just got errors that I don't remember. I'm not very proficient at compiling things. heh.

I'd love to be able to sync my pdas with my NeXT.

pilot-link is for Palm OS PDAs and plptools is for Psion/EPOC based devices.
kb7sqi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Helf,
If you look in the m68k section on my server, you'll see pilot-link for openstep. Smile It's an older port, but it works. What Palm are you going to try to sync? I newer version of pilot-link should be doable. I'll look @ making a package while I'm on vacation at the end of the month. Very Happy BTW, back when I used my Turbo Slab as my main system, I used pilot-link, malsync, & even jpilot on the NeXT. I still have jpilot on that system. I see if I can dig up the code for all that. Oh, forgot about psion stuff. p3nfs works fine on NEXTSTEP/OPENSTEP. You'll find a version compiled in the m68k section also. I used it w/ my Psion 5mx, & Psion Revo Plus'es. Again I can look @ making a package while on vacation. Take care.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
helf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet! thanks kb7sqi!

I have a psion 5mx some where. I want to get another Netbook at some point. I have several palms I'd like to be able to sync. Mostly older ones, like a palm pro (upgraded) and an m500. I'm also trying to get another HE330 to use as an ebook reader (most awesome screens ever) and it syncs over serial.
linmag7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: pilot-link-0.12.3 Reply with quote

Hi,

I've built pilot-link-0.12.3 (I think its the latest version) on OpenSTEP. The code needed some tweaks in order for the gcc on openstep to swallow it all with out choking. I've added most of the missing system functions required for pilot-link. However, I don't have an m68k system or a palm/PDA of any kind so I have no way to test the code. Usually more work is needed in order to actually run the code, but then again sometimes it just works... Smile
helf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll test it out soon, linmag7, and let you know how it does.

My last two-three months have been insane. I've just fired my NeXT up for the first time in over a month the other day to do some hdd testing. I'm leaving again for a week in about a week. So it'll probably be beginning of Feb before I can get around to installing the stuff on my machine. I need to reload the HDD at some point.
linmag7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: pilot-link Reply with quote

I have a quad-fat build of pilot-link 0.12.3 which I think is still the latest version. I've had to make some changes to the code and I hope it only affects debugging-mode operation of the software but you never know... anyways its completely untested but you're welcome to give it a try. I'm uploading it to kb7sqi so that he can make it available on his site.

let me know if it works
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Porting New Software All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: