NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Daydream video - quality magickally improved

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Rare NeXT Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
helf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Daydream video - quality magickally improved Reply with quote

Here is a video of my NeXT booting my Daydream up. I thought some of you that hadn't seen one in action might be interested. Youtube had butchered the video quality, but I guess it was still processing. Make sure you click on the "HQ" button for full effect Smile

No making fun of my slurred speech ;P I was apparently more tired than I thought.

Whenever I get an LCD working, I'll do a proper video showing it actually in use. The cam I was using hates CRTs with a passion and I can't adjust anything on it to make it look better :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AxJR9Xn448

btw, I timed my NeXT from cold boot to loaded Mac System 7.1 desktop - 38 seconds. Not bad Very Happy
pentium

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is impressario for you? Wink
I really wish I could finish the Daydream box project so I could try this myself but it sure is neat.

-NeXT 68040 Cube with NS 3.3 and 64Mb ram
helf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't tried that yet Wink

Whenever I can finish my SSD conversion, I'll start loading it up with Mac apps and such, finally. I can't seem to find anyone with the know-how on dumping the contents of that GAL :/
Rob Blessin Black Hole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Daydream video - quality magickally improved Reply with quote

Hello NeXT Community: Cool to see Daydream running again ! I have a Daydream box and system 7.5.3 Mac OS but can't locate the Daydream Floppy disks does anyone know if they were on any of the archive cd disks like Peanuts also trying to help out a customer in the same boat! We would pay shipping, floppy costs and for a little help , if anyone would be able to make a set for us or point us in the right direction , may be ftp! I think there were 3 floppies and I may have sold my last set with 1 of the 2 daydream boxes i have, appreciate your time

Best regards Rob Blessin

helf wrote:
Here is a video of my NeXT booting my Daydream up. I thought some of you that hadn't seen one in action might be interested. Youtube had butchered the video quality, but I guess it was still processing. Make sure you click on the "HQ" button for full effect Smile

No making fun of my slurred speech ;P I was apparently more tired than I thought.

Whenever I get an LCD working, I'll do a proper video showing it actually in use. The cam I was using hates CRTs with a passion and I can't adjust anything on it to make it look better :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AxJR9Xn448

btw, I timed my NeXT from cold boot to loaded Mac System 7.1 desktop - 38 seconds. Not bad Very Happy

pentium

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we have images of the floppies here on the NeXT file archive but if all else fails, helf and I should still have images someplace.

-NeXT 68040 Cube with NS 3.3 and 64Mb ram
Nitro
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pentium wrote:
I think we have images of the floppies here on the NeXT file archive but if all else fails, helf and I should still have images someplace.

I had forgotten that we had the floppy images here, thanks for the reminder.

http://www.nextcomputers.org/NeXTfiles/Docs/Hardware/Daydream/
papa_november

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It SHOULD be possible to hack the Daydream software to just load the ROM from disk, rather than that stupid box. The box is basically a glorified dongle, it doesn't have enough logic to do anything more complex than provide a legal method of reading the ROMs.

How compatible is it anyway? Do any games even work?
NeXTsociety

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

papa_november wrote:
It SHOULD be possible to hack the Daydream software to just load the ROM from disk, rather than that stupid box. The box is basically a glorified dongle, it doesn't have enough logic to do anything more complex than provide a legal method of reading the ROMs.

How compatible is it anyway? Do any games even work?

I am getting one soon. Will be fun to see what it can do.

The one real big bummer I have about it is NO sound. Crying or Very sad

Not sure why they could not have stock sounds but maybe if the product lived on longer sound would have been added.

tj
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Rare NeXT Hardware All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: