NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
New Forum Members
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nitro
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: New Forum Members Reply with quote

Weíre currently receiving a large amount of spammer/bogus users signing up for forum accounts, so if you are a legitimate user please be patient while we wade through the sludge. If you are here to join the NeXT community and havenít received a confirmation e-mail, please send me an e-mail at admin (at) nextcomputers <dot> org and tell me about your NeXT experience so that I know your intentions. We immediately remove spam posts but these idiots just donít get it. Thanks for your patience.
jaallen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang in there Nitro.
I appreciate the work that goes into this type of abuse prevention.
So Thank You,

Jeff
Nitro
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jeff. Its time consuming to verify each account, especially when most of them are BS. But Iím finally caught up now. Exclamation
mikeboss

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just was contacted by someone who desperately tries to register for this forum (my e-mail address is visible in plaintext in a few threads, so he just wrote me...). I remember going through the registration process a few times, back when I tried to become a member, because it didn't work in the beginning. it would be sad if new users can't propperly register anymore. we might lose valuable people, skills, contributions to our community. I'll be happy to help the admins if needed!

kind regards,
michael
mikeboss

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

today I received an e-mail from another user who also tried to register without success... are the admins aware about this issue?
pentium

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had people complaining to me too that they register and they're still waiting for their accounts to be approved.

-NeXT 68040 Cube with NS 3.3 and 64Mb ram
Rob Blessin Black Hole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pentium wrote:
I've had people complaining to me too that they register and they're still waiting for their accounts to be approved.

Hello Nitro: Steve , if you would like to give me a call at 303-741-9998 I look forward to helping you out as an admin assistant and getting new members registered ! Best Regards Rob Blessin
gtnicol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any luck on the admin side here? I don't like splitting the community and there's some valuable discussing happening in the other forum.
Rob Blessin Black Hole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Gavin: I haven't heard anything from him. I'll go join the other forum. Best regards Rob Blessin
gtnicol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other forum is discussing dumping the MO images... apart from that, there's nothing there. We really do need to get hold of Nitro somehow.
Rob Blessin Black Hole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gtnicol wrote:
The other forum is discussing dumping the MO images... apart from that, there's nothing there. We really do need to get hold of Nitro somehow.

Hello Gavin: I just joined up , it was easy! Mikes done a good job with that part.
I don't know if NITRO doesn't check here anymore , I'm assuming he is busy with life ... I just did a whois and phone the isp in AZ hosing the site and used the email listed there , their recommendation as it will forward to him ... here is what I said!
Hello Steve (NITRO): It is Rob Blessin 303-741-9998 , I hope all is well . A lot of people on the forum are wondering if you would be willing to deligate or add admin privileges or moderator privileges to the site for an assistant or 2. We have a lot of people that want to sign up as new members and old members are experiencing trouble. Also a competing nextcomputers.ch site is about to split the forums and it would be nice if their was a way to have as a mirror or merger as Mike has done a nice job setting it up with and easy registration process.
I hope all is well with your family and wish you happy holidays; I and other trusted longtime forum members would be happy to assist in a temporary or permanent position to help nextcomputers.org continue to exist.
I was told at the registrar that this email would forward to you directly hopefully it works!

Best Regards Rob Blessin
pentium

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's at least one new guy roaming around now so tell anyone you know who might be waiting that someone has at least been verifying accounts in the last few days.

-NeXT 68040 Cube with NS 3.3 and 64Mb ram
Rob Blessin Black Hole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pentium wrote:
There's at least one new guy roaming around now so tell anyone you know who might be waiting that someone has at least been verifying accounts in the last few days.

Hello NeXT Community: I have spoken with Steve and a lot of good news on the horizon for NeXTcomputers.org . I am now an administrator and we are going to set up a moderator level so we are seeking help in this respect. I know Gavin is in and I thought the Mike , Andreas and Khashoggi you all may be interested in being moderators as well.
Mike I spoke to him about your site and he likes the idea of a mirrored site and a proposed merger if you are up to it , this way we will have backups!
Also anyone interested in signing up for the forums, you can email me directly at sales@blackholeinc.com with your preferred username and email. I will forward them to Steve and we will get you set up on the forums.
Steve is doing better and is out of the hospital and we will be working at upgrading the site and with your help keep the forums going for years into the future, sound good.
We also look forward to any feedback or suggestions you all may have to help improve the site! Best regards Rob Blessin
andreas_g

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, thank you very much for your efforts! This is really great news!
First of all i'm glad to hear that Steve (Nitro) is OK!

Good, that you are an admin now. I think it makes sense to have at least two or three people with full access rights to this forum.
You suggested me as a moderator. I'd be glad to help. We can talk about what needs to be done and what i could do best.

I like the idea of a mirrored site. But it would need to be synced continuously. I still don't think a second forum with differnet content is a good idea.
When it comes to updating this forum ... well, i like it as it is. But i'm for sure open to changes. I think heavy changes to the UI should be discussed with the community first, because i know of a forum that after big changes to the UI and usability lost lots of its members. It's not only for operating systems that a good GUI makes people want to use it.
gtnicol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that having 2 sites is a bad idea unless they're completely synced. I would suggest that we just automatically back up this site somewhere so that if worst comes to worst, we can rebuild it somewhere else. There's too much here to lose...

andreas_g wrote:
Rob, thank you very much for your efforts! This is really great news!
First of all i'm glad to hear that Steve (Nitro) is OK!

Good, that you are an admin now. I think it makes sense to have at least two or three people with full access rights to this forum.
You suggested me as a moderator. I'd be glad to help. We can talk about what needs to be done and what i could do best.

I like the idea of a mirrored site. But it would need to be synced continuously. I still don't think a second forum with differnet content is a good idea.
When it comes to updating this forum ... well, i like it as it is. But i'm for sure open to changes. I think heavy changes to the UI should be discussed with the community first, because i know of a forum that after big changes to the UI and usability lost lots of its members. It's not only for operating systems that a good GUI makes people want to use it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Site News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: