NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
So I got a Voyager.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Sun / HPPA Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dimbulb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:14 am    Post subject: So I got a Voyager. Reply with quote

I picked up a busted Voyager some time ago, on ebay for a pretty good deal.

I got the system to work with the help of a couple of zip ties to keep the power board adhered to the motherboard, and all is well save one thing: the network interface doesn't seem to work. I get link when I plug it into a hub, but neither OS4.2 or OpenBSD seem to be able to talk out of it.

Does OPENSTEP support the PCMCIA card slot? Also, does anyone have any idea where one can get Voayger RAM? It's only got the stock 16M.
cuby

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: So I got a Voyager. Reply with quote

dimbulb wrote:
I picked up a busted Voyager some time ago, on ebay for a pretty good deal.

I got the system to work with the help of a couple of zip ties to keep the power board adhered to the motherboard, and all is well save one thing: the network interface doesn't seem to work. I get link when I plug it into a hub, but neither OS4.2 or OpenBSD seem to be able to talk out of it.

Does OPENSTEP support the PCMCIA card slot? Also, does anyone have any idea where one can get Voayger RAM? It's only got the stock 16M.

Voyager RAM is ultra rare - sorry, no idea where to get some. My Voyager (color model) has 48 MB and is running OS4.2. ISTR that the Ethernet worked out of the box, but I'll have to recheck to be sure. This will take some time, however, since I'm currently on vacation... there might be a fuse for the ethernet, can you check if it's ok? You could also try to boot via bootp/tftp from OpenFirmware (using the "boot net" command) and see if any packets come out to make sure the port is working.

I don't think the PCMCIA slot is supported - the Voyager was never officially supported by NS/OS and the PCMCIA adapter for SBus Sparcstations was a rare add-on.

-- Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Sun / HPPA Hardware All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: