NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Sparc/HP Gecko DHCP Package Coming Soon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Sun / HPPA Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kb7sqi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Sparc/HP Gecko DHCP Package Coming Soon Reply with quote

This forum hasn't seen a new post in a while so I figured I'd post this here. Wink In my spare time, besides trying to get everything ready to throw on DVD's, I've been working on several new things. This morning, I can finally say I have one of those ports working 100% at least on the HP Gecko running NEXTSTEP 3.3. Cool The gecko/sparc have never seen any love when it came to getting a DHCP package for NEXTSTEP/OPENSTEP. There's been several 2.0 releases for m68k/x86. While working on updating the dhcp-2.0pl5 port w/ some security patches that have been needed for quite some time, I decided to get dhcp working on my Gecko. I still need to figure out a better way to get the "mac address" from netinfo/system via the program, but for now it's working. I'll at least be able to create a working release for m68k/gecko soon. I've search hi & low trying to find the netinfo patch for dhcp, but haven't had any luck. If you have this some where in your archives, I'd love to have a copy. So how well does it work on the Gecko? It's finally AWESOME! I normally use static IP's for all my servers, but it's nice to finally have the option to use it on my Gecko if needed. If you're running a Gecko w/ NEXTSTEP 3.3 right now & need a working package, drop me a email. I'll be happy to send you a copy. More soon. Take care.

Steve
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Sun / HPPA Hardware All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: