NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
NeXT on MS Virtual PC under XP?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Emulation / Virtualization
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnCC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: NeXT on MS Virtual PC under XP? Reply with quote

Hi all:

As noted in another thread under the Marketplace topic here, I have (unfortunately, ouch) had to sell my NeXT Cube to raise some fast cash (financial emergency).

However, I might still have a need to run NextStep from time to time, for testing stuff on early NeXT systems (ongoing project) -- so I was hoping it would be possible under some emulation software on either Windows or Mac?

My preference would be under Microsoft Virtual PC version 6.0.156.0 running on WinXP Service Pack 2 since that's what I have installed and use most often for running old Windows 3.1, Win95/ME, DOS, etc stuff. But if it works better under some other setup that's possible too of course.

For VPC I'd need a *.VHD hard drive image and a *.VMC virtual machine info file, preferably ready-to-go OR at least some clear instructions on how to build it myself... anyone have that available for download somewhere?

Thanks,

-John C.

virtualbob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: A starting point? Reply with quote

This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but maybe a start. I saw this link on another thread here about running OpenStep on Virtual Box, but there is some info on running it on VirtualPC, but the author says "Version 4.3.1 is the latest version I was able to use for OpenStep."

http://www.cs.stir.ac.uk/~kjt/software/nextstep/openstep-win.html

You may want to look at Virtual Box as an option too, especially since it's free (for now).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Emulation / Virtualization All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: